Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did mport hide the revolver?
It's a widely known fact that mport hid a revolver to use every round, on the map. But which map was this, and where had he hidden it so cunningly?
From the title I thought this thread was going to be a murder mystery

I am disappointed
It was donut 1.0, and I think it was hidden in the chapel? somewhere.

Bear in mind this is when revolver bullets did like 30 less damage than hitting someone with the revolver itself did. (pistol whipping someone with the revolver used to instantly knock them out and do 40 damage, christ)
Nubcake Wrote:Bear in mind this is when revolver bullets did like 30 less damage than hitting someone with the revolver itself did. (pistol whipping someone with the revolver used to instantly knock them out and do 40 damage, christ)
I remember back in 2006 and 2007 players having a fatalistic attitude to such things because the source code hadn't been released and goons weren't around.

It didn't help that the only thing separating an engineer from a loaded revolver were a few plasma containers and a reinforced wall, back when the location of the engines required a retractable bridge to actually reach it from the rest of the station.
There were also spare revolver mags in a little nook behind the captain/hop dressing room so you had plenty of ammo to go around if you were smart.
I remember that. You could actually get the ammo just by going into the storage room and breaking down a simple wall at the end of it, since there were three tiles in between that wall and the reinforced walls of the Captain/HoP spawn area. The court room likewise had a simple wall with ammo behind it.

This also reminds me of how tiny the first station was, back when 20 players was considered a lot.

If SS13 ever gets to a point where there's multiple maps that rounds can randomly start in or something,* someone should make an expanded version of the first map. crossarms

* Or the remote chance of two space stations, each staffed by players competing for research/mining/violent tendencies towards each other.