Aves Hibou's Hos application
Usual character name: Aves Hibou (Silicon): Servitor MK #, Evil Syndicate Robot, Thunderhead
BYOND username: Judobum
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  Judobum (Aves Hibou)
Recommended by (if applicable): The Specimen, Rick Dias
Goon servers you play: 1

Reason for application:
The Hos role adds multiple fun dynamics to a round and has additional responsibilities that I feel I have enough security experience to apply for. Additionally, the hos role has tools to effectively coordinate a security team and can be a big asset to a team. Furthermore, the hos role adds a unique target and roadblock for antagonists allowing for unique interactions.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I mainly play security because I enjoy how security directly interacts with antagonists and how security often interacts with every department in a round. I started playing security by playing detective. I enjoyed looking into the forensics of a crime and watching other secoffs and hos’s in order to see how to properly play as a secoff. With more experience I have learned how to deal with all the antagonist types a security team can face and how to deal with crew efficiently and fairly. I've always tried to keep in contact with security members when I am on a team and I attempt to assist other secoff’s with their arrests or altercations. Furthermore, as I've become more experienced in dealing with crew disputes I try to get both parties to come to a compromise or peaceful resolution rather than immediately resorting to arresting the party I believe to be wrong. Additionally, when arresting antagonists I try to keep all brig times fair and moderate and only resort to execution following massive crimes or in dire circumstances. I also try to interact with the crew often and treat the crew as fairly as possible. For example, asking doctors  if anyone suspicious has come through, or asking the bartender if they've seen anything or just asking for a drink can often lead to more solid information and better interactions with antagonists. I also have experience with leading a security team and have often stepped up to take the lead in fast paced rounds such as revolution rounds or nuke ops rounds. When someone else is in the lead of the security team I try to follow orders efficiently and quickly and try to report as much as possible. Lastly, I try to keep track of other officers and attempt to let other secoffs know if they are doing something wrong such as a bad arrest or a misuse of power.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?
My advice to other sec players would be to communicate. Communication is one of the most important aspects of a security team. Not communicating with your other security crewmembers will lead to you missing arrests and getting ambushed and dying. With communication other security crew members can help you look for your arrest target and can stop them from overlooking them if they move by them. Furthermore, with communication you can bring backup which both helps with a smooth arrest but also helps if the situation turns bad. Properly communicating with the crew is also important. If you treat the crew kindly and help when you can it can lower crew apathy towards you which can potentially save you in a variety of situations. Even communicating with antagonists is important. You will generally have a more engaging time if you attempt to talk to an antagonist first rather than immediately stun and cuff them and can even glean useful information if they accidentally talk too much.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
One of my favorite security moments was a punishment that Garion Aziz gave to me. I was a traitor and had been caught midway into the round. I had committed a few crimes and was given the punishment of cooking food for the crew. I was then put into a prisoner chef uniform and locked into the kitchen with a borg to make sure I don't leave. It was a very funny punishment and was very fun to figure out how to escape it.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
As a lone security officer I tend to be much more cautious and let more crimes off with warnings. This is because as a lone officer if you are taken out the crew loses the only one with the job to protect them and all the gear that a secoff has is now turned on the crew. As for letting more crimes off with warnings because you are the only secoff it can be a waste of time to brig and search someone because if you are searching someone there is nobody to respond to calls for help. With a full team I tend to go along with more gimmicks and follow activities that take more time. For example with a full team I would go along with a full brig search and questioning because there are other secoffs searching outside. Also as a full team I tend to try to stay in contact and check which crimes have been found and how everyone is doing.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Ive always wanted to run a boxing ring freedom challenge. I would take a monkey and give it full cyborg limbs and organs then place it in the boxing ring. Anyone that could beat the monkey would go free and keep any gear they got caught coming in with and if they were a antagonist. Additionally I would like to run a full sec team vs a full nuke team boxing match gimmick as I think it would be funny to see a series of 1v1 matches concluding with the hos or captain 1v1 the commander for the auth disk.

I made the baton into a dnd item as well

Stun Baton:
Used mainly by Military Police or Law enforcement to subdue targets and apprehend them. When a creature is hit with this weapon, a charge is expended and the creature must succeed on a DC 12 constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of their next turn. This Weapon has 8 charges before the cell has to be replaced. When all of or some of the charges have been expended the baton must be placed into a recharger and charges at a rate of one charge every 12 seconds (two turns).

Stun Baton Disruptor Cell Variant:
When a creature is hit with this weapon, a charge is expended and the creature must succeed on a DC 12 constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of their next turn. This Weapon has 4 charges  before the cell has to be replaced and recharges at a rate of 1 charge every 18 seconds. When all of or some of the charges have been expended the baton must be placed into a recharger and charges at a rate of one charge every 6 seconds (one turn).

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got a three day ban for spamming recite Miranda rights

Fully Condone and Support Aves as Head of Security. Aves has been consistently and overwhelming a good performing officer. Whether he is security OR not security Aves has the semblance and maturity of a respectable individual let alone as a player. Aves has outstanding potential as not only a Head of Security but I'd even consider mentor as he has the capability to not only lead but also teach.

His knowledge on the game is outstanding and all it takes it spectating him for one game to realize that he has the leadership skills. I have played enough rounds with Aves to support his proud decision to finally post this app ! I encourage him to keep improving and I think this a positive step for his character Aves Hibou and his career on the Space Station.

Big +1
Aves is a good player, good secoff I'd even say a template of a good sec player. I enjoy playing with them, I have never had any issues with them and I have never seen anyone have any issues with them. +1 from me give him the funny gun.
I've had limited experience with Aves, but it was all fun all the way through. I can recommend them for loud boots. +1
I have played extensively with Aves, time and time again they have proven themselves to be reliable and communicative. They are fair with their brig times, patient with antags and are all around a good player. One minor issue i could pick up from Aves is that I personally have seen them play detective far more than secoff but that would just be nitpicking and isnt really relevant to the application. +1 from me.
As a long time friend of Aves, they have proven multiple times in my very own eyes that she is very capable of their role in security. Listing each and every time would take an entire day. I cannot +1 enough.

also hi aves!!!
Aves is a long-time security player that I have both seen and shared shifts in a great many times. I have never had a negative interaction with them, across the times when I am an antag, a fellow security member, or just a bystander. They are fair with sentencing and follow procedure, while making sure to handle any aggravated behaviours maturely.

I'd like to agree and add to what Andres said above me, with Aves playing detective a lot. However I find them to have pretty consistent behaviour throughout, and as a detective they tend to dish out lethals only when absolutely necessary. I think it sheds positive light on how they interact with others as security overall.

Overall, a huge +1 from me. I think Aves would suit the role of HoS perfectly.
Good luck!
+1 competent secoff, seen them around, only negative feedback i have is that they play silicon
I can't remember having a bad interaction with Aves, *and* they're a fan of purple, so +1 for me!
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.