Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Space Camp/Resort
I had an idea for a map that's sort of a homage to like 80s horror films; also the extremely rare presence of the Slasher Antagonist makes me want to expand upon that a bit. 

The Map: 

General Description - The shift starts on an Nanotrasen property; a resort/camp on a island; this island offers the mega corporation much profit but also enforces a tricky balance between a thriving tourist industry and resource extraction. It has a harbor with boats, a pavilion with snacks and drinks, multiple cabins, borg tour guides with maps on the different nature trails. Of course their is a lab area as well using natural samples and finding artifacts local to the island. 

The resort is powered by some powerplant or something; there are electric fences and generators that could be sabotaged. There will be paths with lots of trees casting dark shadows to sort of serve the same function as maintenance tunnels and if you don't watch your step you may stumble onto a large and unsettling cave system that lies beneath this "paradise". 

Potential Antagonists: 

Potential newcomers in this sort of map could be watered down slashers with maybe paths similar to the wraiths. Some group of sentient creatures that live below, they'd be blind but sound oriented like mole people. Traitors, spies, lings, vampires, wolves, wraiths, and wizards all make sense here but Blob might not so much.
i only want this if the slasher antagonist enters the antag pool for this map as per theme
So you're not in space.. and not in a station?

Jokes aside, this sounds more like an adventure zone rather than a map, especially the cave system. Something to explore with a small team, not to have an entire crew interacting with. Or a map for a different game mode where the point isn't doing your job, but straight up survival.
I worry that it being a resort might be too different from the general site/station themes, but I like the idea of this like 80s/90s slasher themed map especially if it fills the niche of FINALLY having a terrestrial map that I don't need tanks to walk around in.
I'm not sure if the forests being maintenance tunnels could work too well without some sort of unique sprite or way to see through them, since as far as I've seen the trees are REALLY dense and personally kind of hard to maneuver. I don't think its impossible though.

Maybe... you can play deeper into the resort idea? If there's nature trails and the like you can use a lake for a dam to provide energy to the resort. The cave idea could play into mining, and work similarly to how it does on oshan. That way you can still keep the forests and caves idea. Electric fence could work as a natural border to the map itself I would think.

I think the idea of the potential map having slashers would be fun, same with wraiths, and using darkness you could have a map that's pretty strong for vampires if it has a night setting. Honestly, just really love the idea of a campy horror at a company resort.
could be neat as an event map that could also field things like battle royale rounds
(05-14-2023, 05:36 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: So you're not in space.. and not in a station?

Jokes aside, this sounds more like an adventure zone rather than a map, especially the cave system. Something to explore with a small team, not to have an entire crew interacting with. Or a map for a different game mode where the point isn't doing your job, but straight up survival.

That would be fun, the survival stuff. As for space, if it's on another planet that's not Earth and has significantly different lifeforms then it would be in space though not in a void. 

The cave system idea very much makes sense as an adventure zone. I thought it would give an element of spooky as well; there is so much oppurtunity for subterranean critter shenanigans.
I'd see the concept of the round being: "MANDATORY CAMP VACATION"
Reality: "It's a bootcamp too"

So security has a boot camp.
Janitors have training courses.
Science has weights beakers.
And such.
(05-15-2023, 07:02 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I'd see the concept of the round being: "MANDATORY CAMP VACATION"
Reality: "It's a bootcamp too"

So security has a boot camp.
Janitors have training courses.
Science has weights beakers.
And such.

Doctors actually learn how to do surgery, and pay attention to DYING patients  fat and sassy space-bee
So a few problems I see with this. If this was located on Earth, it would be a highly secure location, the Frontier has the shit it has because it's the Frontier, not Planet Earth, which, as far as we know, is untouched by eldritch horrors and alien civilizations (for now, at least).

As others said, I'd like more to see this as an AZone rather than as a station map, it's such a drastic change from how the station usually works, and you can tell a better story as an AZone, as well, instead of having a specific antag setup just for one map, something that, to my knowledge, has never happened