Feedback Pali's handling of events within discord
I reallly don't want to make this since Pali is honestly one of the Developers who does the most for this game. I Love Pali as a developer but I feel like their emotions towards the events within discord earlier today were unjustified. Within this I seek to point out my issue with the handling and why I sought to place this complaint, As of Now I cant think of a rational reason for the ban so Blame it on emotional means. Which is why when I wrote this I was debating whether or not to as it might be seen as hateful towards Pali. Therefore, I wish no ill will on them and would just like to explain the situation (As of writing this I understand the short length of punishment but its far more based in the principle of the action rather than the punishment of it).

What actually happened? - so Pretty much on the discord server around 2-3ish hours prior to this post There was a changeling round where the shambling Abomination got destroyed by people being able to grab the shambler which instantly stops devours and takes 5 seconds to pull off. This means that the greatest defence against a shambler is just Grabbing the shambler and moving to cancel their devour. Therefore After this round I posted about how unfair this is as a mechanic and brought up the previous PR about removing the ability to grab shamblers (as per Cal Suggested). I would then go on to suggest that Its annoying that such a Pr got closed by the owner. Sadly, what I didn't explain at the time is how the PR was closed due to a lack of interest in it going through, Which is why im annoyed. The reason the PR was closed was due to this factor and not the issue of the developers, this was clearly a communal effort on the closing of this PR (Which I don't agree with) but a communal agreement none the less. Which is why I dont understand Pali's frustration and his statement of of "shitting at devs" and then proceeding to mute me on discord for a hour is a bit unjustified. 

My overall thoughts on this are that the situation was misunderstood by one of the parties at play and I believe that my statements held no ill will towards anyone as Anyone who had read the PR would have seen the reason for its closing and understand that it wasn't the developers fault for its closing.

what do I expect out of this? nothing, I Really dont mind getting muted its more of a fear for future issues surrounding these Sensitive topics and wouldn't want to see open criticism getting closed down. My understanding is that Pali saw this as Harmful criticism and shut it down which is why I understand the situation that Pali was put in and his reason for the Mute. I label this as feedback as im not complaining as much as giving feedback to how I think this situation should've be held.

last point to cover any loose ends this post may have, If this was not done by Pali then I deeply Apologise for this post but my points about mutes still stands for whoever had muted me. Its simply the Hostility derived from my conversation between Pali and I so it was my assumption that it was him who had muted me. Other point is that for another time I wish no complaint on Pali and only seek to help them with their approach to these issues.

everything that I say here is of my own opinion and if anything here is wrong I would appreciate a further understanding within the comments as being left in the dark is somewhat part of the reason I make this post (since I get no proper reasoning for them mute so I am left to ponder the reasons myself).

That's pretty much all, I thank you for reading my feedback and hope my opinion on this topic is listened to or corrected. Thank You!  bee
> [...] rational reason for the ban

You were never banned, only briefly timed out.

> I would then go on to suggest that Its annoying that such a Pr got closed by the owner.

[Image: image.png]

To me personally this reads like you are implicitly saying it got ignored and shut down by devs. I fail to see how these messages imply anything about you being annoyed at the PR owner. We may disagree about whether my interpretation is justified but I hope you can see how it can be read the way I interpreted it.

I admit that I shouldn't have muted you, and yeah it wasn't rational, my bad. Tbh it's on me as I've been not feeling great today and just didn't feel like arguing so I resorte to the handy time out button. As I hope others can attest I don't do such things usually so hopefully you can accept my word that I'll try to avoid doing stuff like that in the futre.
(05-14-2023, 09:13 AM)pali6 Wrote: > [...] rational reason for the ban

You were never banned, only briefly timed out.

> I would then go on to suggest that Its annoying that such a Pr got closed by the owner.

[Image: image.png]

To me personally this reads like you are implicitly saying it got ignored and shut down by devs. I fail to see how these messages imply anything about you being annoyed at the PR owner. We may disagree about whether my interpretation is justified but I hope you can see how it can be read the way I interpreted it.

I admit that I shouldn't have muted you, and yeah it wasn't rational, my bad. Tbh it's on me as I've been not feeling great today and just didn't feel like arguing so I resorte to the handy time out button. As I hope others can attest I don't do such things usually so hopefully you can accept my word that I'll try to avoid doing stuff like that in the futre.

Thanks a lot for the response Pali. Your right, The implications of some of the things I said were wrong, But more than Anything I appreciate your understanding. In future ill try not to be as hot on the annoyance as the topic itself is a topic that angers me so my words were probably likely to be swayed in this way. My point made in this section was unrevised as I only looked at the whole picture of the PR after Gumbio posted it. So that's my bad. 

Thats all, Again thanks for your quick response. It means alot to me.