Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchen vendor - Free stock and paid ingredients.
Had this random idea - The kitchen dispenser should have its current amount of free items, then charge if not restocked with a cartridge.

This would presumably encourage people to tip the chef, and incentivize the chef to ask for them, similarly to Bartender getting bullet restocks from their hacked vendor.\

To encourage people to still use botany, the cost could go up by a percent each time, stacking up to a max. Maybe 5% more expensive each time until it's 25% more expensive per ingredient?

Also, electronic tipping would be a cool thing to add to the chemical request console.

The small amounts of cash used in these transactions are generally insignificant to cargo itself, so they shine in player-to-player interactions, like this.
This is a great idea.
Insted of bothering cargo, botany and such.
It's just more fun for these civilian jobs to buy more supplies.

I already recommended this for a "Farmers market" approach.
Where the chef can buy ingridents and sell finished food.

I don't see why we can't have this for both bartending and kitchen. Just ways for chefs to be able to cook what they want when botany and the ranch cannot provide what they need.
Less dead time and more money spending and obtaining!
I dig it. More people encouraged to interact with the chef (which can be a lonely job from personal experience frown ), and vice-versa, encouraging the chef to also get out of the kitchen a bit without like disrupting them. Plus, I like the idea that if the chef runs out of ingredients, it gives them another reliable way to get more in case other modes of getting food ends up not working.
If so could some staple ingrediants be added as pay only? Like seminola flour, hot sauce and curry powde
(05-13-2023, 09:45 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: If so could some staple ingrediants be added as pay only? Like seminola flour, hot sauce and curry powde

Nah I think that should be botany's realm
yeah its a good idea. any chef QoL is appreciated but its an uphill battle to get any of it past the wall of 'interdepartmental cooperation'

(i am admittedly still bitter over the kitchen dispenser repeatedly being rejected from cog1 et al)
(05-17-2023, 02:54 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: yeah its a good idea. any chef QoL is appreciated but its an uphill battle to get any of it past the wall of 'interdepartmental cooperation'

(i am admittedly still bitter over the kitchen dispenser repeatedly being rejected from cog1 et al)

Well, its a balance change, not a QoL change after all.

I like the idea, the chef vedor doesnt have too many botany indrigents in it that it is overbearing. They should be somewhat pricy, though. Refill cartridges should still be the preferred restock method.
I'd say anything from botany that's "easy to grow" should be able to be bought.

Aka chili peppers and such.

HOWEVER, the mutant variaties are NOT in the list and are botany only.
So if you want that DELICIOUS APPLE PIE, you gonna rely on botany.
Or you want to make the spiciest chili aka el diablo? Once again go to Botany to get the right peppers.

But for something basic that would not take botany much time but takes away a slot and gives TOO MUCH of 1 ingrident anyway? Add that.

It's good for both botany and the chef. The chef can now cook more variaty and botany doesn't have to take a tray to just grow something.
We all okay with that?
Still think this is a good idea
(05-17-2023, 05:56 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I'd say anything from botany that's "easy to grow" should be able to be bought.

Aka chili peppers and such.

Disagree here. I would really restrict the selection to the stuff the kitchen vendor has.

There are a huge amount of stuff the chef csn slready cook with them and, speaking from my own experience, the studf you need from botany most of the time is wheat for flour and sugar.

If chefs can get these two indrigents without botany or cargo, they are more or less set for a shift.
(07-01-2023, 09:49 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: There are a huge amount of stuff the chef csn slready cook with them and, speaking from my own experience, the studf you need from botany most of the time is wheat for flour and sugar.

If chefs can get these two indrigents without botany or cargo, they are more or less set for a shift.

They already can.
Also hello necroposting.

That said.. I don't want it in the vendor but on something I would call the "Farmer's market"
Aka the chef buys the ingridents with credits. I been lately pushing for more ideas for everyone to spend their well earned credits so they get more value then just cargo.

Why do we buy from vending machines? Since the kitchen/bar is empty or you don't trust em.
So why can we not have certain things like fresh standard ingridents be bought from another location if we don't wanna wait for botany?

All this does is give people who want to solo a few recipes to go do that by wasting credits and also then enforce a way for the chef to ask for money so they can keep cooking what they want without being tied to botany.

All I am saying credits should be used to avoid waiting for others, but NOT outright replace it. Since the good stuff is only from botany.
It's just very frustrating for chef's to have to cook food and "wait for botany" for ingridents.. to only find out they are all doing weed again.
Or heck.. getting chicken meat from the rancher for chicken recipes.

This just speeds up the kitchen and chef's work by spending credits. Seems fair no?