Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative
I would say:
  1. Print out that big boy PNG from strongdmm so people can see the whole station.
  2. I hope you have planned out the areas first, because if you move an area filled with objects later it is an absolute pain to reshuffle those objects. I would also suggest not to bother with wires and pipes until later because they will drive you mad rearranging them.
  3. This is aimed at the 0-29 player bracket? I really do think cog1 should have a higher player minimum. If it did, perhaps your map could fill the space created.
  4. If you want to shrink security, cut the unnecessary brig bathroom, the vendors in the breakroom can be moved into the main sec hallway, remove gap between HoS and interro, having two front doors ("foyer") is optional. Detective's office can be anywhere, see: cog2, Oshan.
  5. Have you tested it locally? That is always a big help in making sure the map feels right. Plus you could post some neato screenshots.
  6. Where will arrivals and escape be? They are important in determining the flow of a station.
  7. In terms of making things dense, take a look at how Clarion arranges its departments. The departmental rectangles/squares have all the necessary rooms, with hallways and maints around the departments.
  8. There are some "big" areas such as the cafe - bigger than Donut2's cafe. And the big glass rectangle with the bar stools on. Consider shrinking. 

Progress looking good so far!

"I'd also move the"
The what?!?

Messages In This Thread
Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by Tyrant - 05-10-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Aetherion: an atlas pop alternative - by Victoriae - 05-13-2023, 05:46 PM