Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prison shuttle help
Photo 
Hey boys.. I need some help.

I've finished creating Boxstation in goonsource but the issue I am running into is the brig shuttle used to go to the prison station loses all air when the shuttle is moved to the prison.

All I had to do to restore the brig shuttle to working order was clone the mining shuttle code in "shuttle.dm" and rename the paths to the aforementioned prison station and on station areas. Below is the shuttle itself. It has no unsimulated walls or anything but for some reason once moved to the prison station it loses all air inside.

https://imgur.com/sH5FNh6

Further findings: If I copy the current mining shuttle itself and use it instead of the tg one then it seems to work. But I'm still not sure what the issue would be.

I hope I explained everything correctly as I would really like to complete this project. I have the whole station done I am just working on the off station locations and goodies from back in the day.
This is every shuttle's problem.
Donut 3's shuttle has it.
The mining shuttle and the other shuttle has it too but they do recover the O2 eventually.
(08-09-2023, 03:15 PM)Kotlol Wrote: This is every shuttle's problem.
Donut 3's shuttle has it.
The mining shuttle and the other shuttle has it too but they do recover the O2 eventually.

Really? Damn. I've never experienced that issue on the mining shuttle. The O2 will be fine regardless of location change. Is there no way to combat it for my little transport shuttle?
okay so it having no unsimulated walls is probably the issue. IIRC shuttle turfs are supposed to be unsimmed. So it looks like the atmos is leaking out, because it's simulated.

Possibly having the turfs be unsimulated would fix the leakage.
(08-09-2023, 05:46 PM)Tyrant Wrote: okay so it having no unsimulated walls is probably the issue. IIRC shuttle turfs are supposed to be unsimmed. So it looks like the atmos is leaking out, because it's simulated.

Possibly having the turfs be unsimulated would fix the leakage.

That did the trick. Sucks that only my custom shuttle(s)? will have to be unsimulated. The mining shuttle seems to be all simulated and work just fine and even traverse Z levels! Regardless thank you very much for the fix.