Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pet carriers for heads of staff?
Would be amusing if heads of staff got cages to grab their pets with, ala Ripley from Aliens rescuing Jonesie and using a flamethrower in the other hand. (About a minute into the video)

Would be nice for escaping on the shuttle with them.
A cage is cruel and dehumanizing, you monster. Clearly they should have leashes that you can use on them that let yoy pull them behind you without them walking off.

Or really, every command pet should have that sort of functionality that allows at least their Head of Staff partner pull them along that way. Like heisenbee can be wrangled as all bees can.
A leash is degrading smh my head... Obviously heads of staff should instead have a little treat they can use to let their pets follow them of their own choice!!!
Honestly would be really cute to be able to be able to walk around the station with jonesie without the whole instant mauling.
treats are dehumanizig.

they should have a backpack replacement item that works as a harness to carry them like a baby
No I wont put Rocko(the most valuable person in the station) to a cage, never! For other creatures however..., yeah why not.
general animal carriers for critters below a certain size would be super helpful, honestly... could help a lot with gimmicks that involve having creatures and beasts in specific places, like on-station zoos or spider pits or things like that. I'd like to see how the chicken carriers do it but alas like much of rancher's stuff it's secret
You can make Dr. Acula follow you very well if you use my old jank blood feeding thing: if you click-drag from Dr. Acula to a beaker/IV Bag of blood, then he will just chase after you to drink it as long as he's nearby.

Sylvester can be coaxed into his shell if you try to take his Beret and you're not the HoS (if you the HoS, you can get him to go in his shell the same way if he's not wearing his beret) so technically that treat idea exists for him.

Heisenbee has standard grab-intent Bee Wrangling unless that doesn't work anymore.

Rocko is small enough to lift.

Jones can be transported decenlty quick by temporarily killing him and then he'll revive.

That said it would be good to have a standard way to transport them either by you pulling/grabbing them or getting them to follow you.

This problem could be solved by making them all Mob/Critters so they can be aggressive grabbed with the grab intent and their idle wandering won't move them away from you while moving. Something we've talked about many times in the past, going back years, but nobody has ever done.
(05-10-2023, 10:58 AM)Waffleloffle Wrote: general animal carriers for critters below a certain size would be super helpful, honestly... could help a lot with gimmicks that involve having creatures and beasts in specific places, like on-station zoos or spider pits or things like that. I'd like to see how the chicken carriers do it but alas like much of rancher's stuff it's secret

Oh, i remember a round where i was a syndie and being bribed with jon to not attack the station. Me and the captain trying to get that damn cat into a pod took us like 10 minutes.
....Everyone everyone.. there is already a way to transport unruly animals.
It's called the CARGO TUG.
We should definitely have pet carriers for the heads of staff, how else am I meant to transport the HoP?
Since the change I have seen jones kill a captain twice.
(05-12-2023, 01:06 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: Since the change I have seen jones kill a captain twice.

jones dnd cat stats confirmed