Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
mentorhelp filter
sometimes as a mentor we get mentorhelps that are rule related questions so we can't really help there. what i suggest is some way to catch certain words/phrases/etc to just tell the person sending the help they should adminhelp instead
It's not a bad idea or anything, but it wouldn't be a 100% catch all or false flag stuff I'd think. Simplest thing would just be not addin' this and letting mentors direct to f1, yall explain better than an automated message would
Filters on this level can have some terrible consiquences down the line.

And it might be that some people will go to ahelp and it turned out to be a mentor thing, but since a "word" like "RULE" was in there.... they got the "send to ahelp" message.

This will also have terrible consiquences for people who aren't profecient in the English langauge. Or have dyslexia and use similiar spelled words to the ban list.

These are things I generally HATE about filters in game, since the more aggresive the filter... the more likely it will filter part of a word and tell you , you can't say it.

Example with swear filters: ASS.
Class type in game: Assassin.
When you mention the class: *******in.

So personally I am against filtering phrazes and words to give an automated response or be blocked with mentoring. If anything... it's a mentoring moment to tell them: "This is an admin issue, please refer to admins."

Filters don't check context after all.
(05-09-2023, 04:27 PM)Cal Wrote: Simplest thing would just be not addin' this and letting mentors direct to f1, yall explain better than an automated message would

Yeah basically this. It's also a mentors job to let people know when something is not a mentorhelp question and instead is adminhelp and to let them know how to adminhelp if they do not know.