Head of Snake application: Lawliet/Annie Aeternus
Usual character name: Lawliet Aeternus, Annie Aeternus
BYOND Username: LaundryLieutenant
Discord username: Lieutenant #2577
Recommended by: no one, probably ):
Goon servers I play: Goon3, rarely Goon1 if I'm feeling high-poppy

Reason for application: I would like to protect the station and have the opportunity to roleplay with antags more, like interrogating them or head-on combat, too. Also because I want the cool hat.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

Well, this is the second time I’m signing up for HoS, and I want to make myself clearer this time.

I started playing Goonstation around like... September 2022, and security’s been one of the most fun jobs to work as, considering I can interact with antags without really having to die on the spot and being fed to a vampire to turn into a thrall or something, but talking and interacting with the team’s fun too! I’ve had lots of experiences with officers that have unique characters, maybe even myself, no idea.

Being/playing as security has been a fun experience, whether I’d be dying to nukies, maybe changelings, or even traitors. One of the many reasons I would like to become an HoS is because I think my leadership role would be fit for the job, and fellow officers and some HoS’ tell me I do a good job too, which kind of inspired me again to apply for HoS whitelisting.

Working as an officer, I’ve had times where I had to train officers/assistants myself, and sometimes they do follow what I say, which is pretty fulfilling, knowing I just  taught someone how to do their job, and not just running around stunning random criminals that did petty theft, or ignoring assault (which actually happened recently). There was also times where I instinctively gave fellow officers commands or orders like an HoS would do, usually in critical situations and stuff. But even if I order them around, I still value them as colleagues and try to work with them as much as I can.

Now speaking of working with colleagues, a part of the security experience is talking with them, whether it’d be on comms or face-to-face. Seen someone dragging an unconscious body into maints? You should probably go assess that or report it on comms if you don’t know what to do. Seen a weird shambling abomination walking around the halls and eating people? You should REALLY report that (totally not a reference to the security PSA).

As additional information, I know how to keep my composure and stay calm, even in stressful situations (well maybe not all of them but you know), and I’m really glad I can, otherwise I’d probably dead in most situations I’ve been in, I guess.

Two of my favorite secoff experiences (which are both salvager-related) are in which the first one, which I played as Annie, in which Felix Azazel (a current HoS) handed me HE pod-seeking shells, which I’ve never really found out about considering I never opened the armory pod weapon crate, and when the savlagers arrived with pods, you damn bet I shot them down, I forgot whether we killed the entire team or just killed 2 people, but it was fun. Second one was also similar, but my team kept dying, which is pretty sad, but it was one where I got to order 2 officers around, telling them to guard the station while me and the others will keep the salvagers away.

And uh, I think that wraps up my experience and stuff.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

Well, what I'd advise is two things:

One is, I recommend using comms when you can and need to. For example, you see the detective choking someone to death, then BOOM, they start sucking their blood, what are your choices?
a) Report it to security on comms and save you and your team so much work
b) Fight the detective yourself and end up dying because of it
c) Do nothing and also get your team shot and killed with lethals and blood-sucking

Though A is the best choice, the detective will still be on comms, they would probably run away or something, so you could either talk to your team in-person, or still report it on the radio.

Second advise (this is for RP) is, do NOT kill antagonists so early in the round, or if they haven't done anything very bad yet. Reason why I say this? I've seen some security officers kill antags like they're validhunters or something, which isn't really appropriate for RP, and NOT KILLING ANTAGS FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE. Along with that, DO NOT give them perma-brig, it ruins their antag fun, and we don't really want ruining the other game for other people.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

My favorite security moments are when I get to hang out around fellow officers when the shift is quiet, because I get to know them better, like when we tell character lore and stuff, maybe even goof around and stun each other a tiny bit.

Previous bans: None

DAMN IT I FORGOT ABOUT THE GIMMICK I WANTED TO RUN, but here it is on the reply:

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?:

I've always wanted to make an NT-based security team, like all of us are wearing NT berets, uniforms and stuff, would be pretty fun to see.
Lawliet's a solid presence in shifts and level-headed in their interactions. We haven't played an awful lot of shifts as Security together, but during the ones we have you demonstrated good communication and handled one particularly convoluted multi-person case really well (handling two antags, appropriate briggings, and keeping the team updated throughout). If there is one piece of feedback I could provide it would be to demonstrate leadership in-character. You're often involved in situations, helping out, and doing a good job at it but I'd like to see you directing others/getting buy-in from your colleagues.

Application is well-written as well and demonstrates good knowledge of the role and what's needed.

Would love to hear from some other players who run with you a bit more frequently than I do, but I haven't seen anything that shows that you don't have the wherewithal to take charge and grow with the role.
Lawliet is a very excellent secoff. No complaints from me. Very quick thinking and able to handle even very messy situations with grace. I think he'd make a good HoS. +1
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!