Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Add delay to knock out gas (N2O) kicking in?
Right now if it is high enough pressure, N2O knocks someone out instantly. Maybe it did not matter as much when oxygen tanks lasted 40 minutes, but most people don't have their internals on all the time; if you make a small trap room with a can of N2O anyone unprotected that follows you in will pass out instantly. 

I think there should be a couple of seconds before it affects someone, giving them time to turn on internals.
I mean with how visible no2 is, the delay should not be very high. Like ~3 seconds.
I been knocked out by N20 without any hints before. Trust me... it ain't as visible as it is and sometimes you don't notice it till too late.

Now if you see a thick cloud of it. SURE.. that's your own fault. But if you don't see it.. it kinda is annoying how effective N20 is.
(05-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Dickles Wrote: Right now if it is high enough pressure, N2O knocks someone out instantly. Maybe it did not matter as much when oxygen tanks lasted 40 minutes, but most people don't have their internals on all the time; if you make a small trap room with a can of N2O anyone unprotected that follows you in will pass out instantly. 

I think there should be a couple of seconds before it affects someone, giving them time to turn on internals.

I would very much like this, especially for RP. It would definitely be nice to be able to do surgery and have patients count to ten and be given more than the 3 seconds it takes to turn on their internals.
The effects of gasses is already pretty easy to invalidate with internals, you don't need to weaken it even further. N2O is also a bit rarer and not as commonly available as the other gasses.

the slight inconvenience of having to refill O2 (which is already super easy with O2 vendors and various cans) isn't a counter point - in the first place you should not be breathing off purely on internals.
No need for delay, atmos is pretty weak at it's current state already.
c02 being invisible sucks, the whitish sleep gas is fine
(05-14-2023, 05:30 AM)Cal Wrote: c02 being invisible sucks, the whitish sleep gas is fine

still annoyed that CO2 acts like CO instead of CO2

you know if you're breathing CO2 our goddamn suffocation reflex is entirely based on it!
(05-14-2023, 05:30 AM)Cal Wrote: c02 being invisible sucks, the whitish sleep gas is fine

It is silent killing gas but usally happens in places where plazma fire occured. You cant see it with blind eye but you cough beforehand. From time to time it also is used in pressurization chamber but when there is someone laid down sleeping and nothing else you already know whats going on. On the other hand you clearly can see no2 use scrubber and shield, problem solves itself. I remember co2 hurt you while you sleep but you wake up even without an intervention  but it has been a while since that happened but i remember you wake up after a while unlike no2.
Edit3: I forgot to add my point, I think both gasses are balanced, they have their strengths and weaknesses.