Rufus "Big Fish" Mcdunfish (Mentor App)
Usual character name: Rufus Mcdunfish
BYOND username: FlyzerMizer
Discord username (if you are on our discord): FlyzerMizer
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing for a year at this point, and I've massively enjoyed my time with the game and the community. I wish to continue to grow the community and myself as a player. Teaching other players has always been massively rewarding for me, and I wish to do so in a much broader way.

My experience.

As I've said before, I've been playing this game for a year at this point and have tried a variety of jobs, gathering a wide array of knowledge in the process. I started as just a wee lad, and much like all of you, knew jackshit about this game, but I clawed my way through slow and steady gaining many specialties, my main specialties, being medical, mech lab, chemistry, and security (all that entails). I have a broad knowledge of most jobs and mechanics in this game, and all that I don't know, I'm more than willing to expand my knowledge through the wiki, mentors/players, and mucking about with it. 

While never particularly maining any job at first, I do have a good amount of time with most jobs, my first more persistent job being quartermaster. from there I learned the basics of control, pull, drop, drag, the intents, etc. even though I didn't do a lot at first, I did have a couple of small achievements, such as an underground werewolf fighting ring, and organ gambling. I remember those times fondly, and even though I did have a couple of hiccups here or there, I learned from them and moved on. speaking of moving on, here's my next job.

My next job being the clown. those times were filled with laughter and death. I learned a lot from being a clown, particularly how to fight, how to defend myself, and how to not die. being a clown wasn't all fun and games, people take it too far sometimes, and this job taught me the most important lesson of all, how to not take it too far, and when to stop. 

Now on a more serious note, onto my next job, the medical doctor. this job I think taught me the most, that being chems and their more complex workings, how to save people, how to stay calm during stressful times, surgery, cloning, what each chem does, and how to maximize their potential. I felt like learning how to save people has been the most rewarding thing for me, and I especially wish to teach others how best to stabilize and save people.

Now to my two most recent jobs, that being the engineer and the chaplain. now you may not believe it but I am actually the 8# best chaplain in the world, crazy right? And chaplaining has been a wild ride, from fighting wraiths, catching vamps, stopping wizards, and beating people over the head with the bible. the chaplain has been my most fun job yet and taught me a lot about antags, and how best to deal with them. and not to forget the engineer, while never actually doing engineering, since the mechanic job is toast, I've played a lot of engineer and made a couple of contraptions. I've made a soup machine once or twice, and I've made a rod cannon a few times. While not the best mechanic I admit, I still know the basics and wish to further delve into more complex machines, and eventually get into engineering.

As for antags, I believe antags to be the most important role, and thus new antags should be treated fairly and given plenty of room to learn and grow. I have extensive knowledge of pretty much all antags and their tools, whether through trial and error, other players, or the wiki. I massively enjoy teaching new antags the art of antagging, it is very fun to see them grow and see how they deal with security.

I don't exclusively play those jobs though, like I've said before, I've played a variety of jobs, and have a bit of knowledge of every job, such as art lab, toxins, chemistry, robotics, chef, security officer, detective, captain, HoP, miner, geneticist, with a plan on learning more on each.

In conclusion, over these last 12 months, I have loved my time in this game and with this wonderful community. It's truly been so much fun learning and I wish I'll be able to teach others if you give me a chance.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A though I have been told off a few times, I always learn and move on
Definitely +1 from me ! Rufus has varied knowledge on the game and showed me more than a few tricks when we hang out. Also this crazy fella is the complete opposite of apathetic. Rufus will seek out and aid people to no avail. I first hand have been saved by his knowledge on multiple different occasions, be that as security, medical, or even chap. This man is restless on his quest to aid.
It's a very easy +1 from me. I don't have a lot of comment on since there isn't a whole lot to comment on. Rufus knows a lot about the game, Rufus uses the knowledge to help people in said game. I have nothing but possitive experiences so yeah that's +1 in my books.
I caught him teaching a newbie vampire how to be a vampire, the course also came with how to glare and maim a victim to thrall them. +1
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!