Hos Application <Jyrki Virtanen>
Usual character name: Jyrki Virtanen
BYOND username:Wermim
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Weedi#1283

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee  bee

Reason for application:
Security is one of my most played roles and I feel like this is the next step in security players life cycle. I think I have gathered enough excperience to handle the job of HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Security was really the last job i got into, because I was mostly scared of messing things up or just being deadweight. But I have shed these fears and now security is one of my favorite jobs on station. The most intriguing thing about playing sec is that every round is different. One round is action packed combat maddness and the next one is completely opposite.

Playing security can often be bit rough since you have to play the roles of judge, jury and executioner. (Sometimes even all three at once). But moments like that are usually the fun of playing security. As a member of security you have the chance to interract with and influence the people around you, so in my opinion its important to find the balance of carrot-and-batton to keep the round flowing smoothly.

Antags are people too and they deserve their piece of the fun. Thats why its important to aim for fair punishments depending the the severity of the crime and other factors. I do feel little bit sorry for antags, when they force my hand and i have to kill them. Which is why brig time is my preferred punishment over just throwing antags out of the nearest airlock. it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it

Part of the role of HoS is teaching and with the many hours of security under my belt it would be easy for me to teach a trick or two to new security personel. I dont know any super advanced sec tech but I have a firm hold on the basics and more.

I have learned that communication is the name of the game. If you dont cordinate with other members of security and keep them out of the loop, you are shooting yourself in the foot. They cant really help you, if you are silently dying in some distant maint. Commucation is also a huge help when tracking witnesses and forensic evidence.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    - Dont be affraid of making mistakes or asking questions.
    - Communicate. Security has strenght in numbers so lone wolves usually get eaten by the various evils that inhabit the station. space bear
    - Remember to have fun, but also remember to let others have fun.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When playing solo I tend to act more paranoid and tense, since you dont really have any backup. When playing with other security members I play more relaxed and I try to interact with crew and other security as much as I can.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I have always wanted to do a round where I bake all of my equipment into pies and fight crime by throwing them at crimers.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
One 24hr ban.  a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee

Thanks for reading queen greater domestic space-bee
+1 I have seen Jyrki around for ages and not once have i seen them do anything that would make me think they are unfit for hos, they are talkative over comms and know when to coordinate and how to deal with antags. I haven't seen them deal with antags too much but thats just because i havent seen them too much recently, however they definitely have my +1 for hos.
I've played with Jyrki a lot, and against him probably a lot more. A level-headed officer, often on the lenient side. Understands the flow of round and how to handle antagonists on a per case basis. More than once I've seen Jyrki sympathize and educate newer antags. I think Jyrki dishes out justice just fine and fair. 

Even outside of Security, Jyrki's behavior is often impeccable in my honest opinion. 

My verdict is an absolute +1 from me. I can vouch for Jyrki to be able to handle the position as Head Of Security.
Jyrki is a very easy +1 for me. I have a lot of rounds played with them as a regular secoff, non secoff and quite a few now as HoS and I don't have anything other than good things to say. Communicative, fair when it comes to punishments and just in general very good behavior. Get 'em those stompy boots!
Ive seen Jyrki probably as long as ive been playing and he is always a pleasant face on the security team. He understands how to give out punishments to antagonists, communicates well and is quickly on scene or on radio if an alert is sent out by someone.
He also has important experience in teaching newer security players, as I have seen him offer to lend these players a helping hand on numerous occasions. 

I can support Jyrki Virtanen for HoS +1.
This dude has covered my ass multiple times when I've rolled HoS and when I've random named.

More importantly, they're fun, kind pretty dependable and chatty on radio. Definitely in support.
Jyrki should be a cow so he can be Beef Jyrki.

+1, good bean, everything that I'd like to say has been said better already.
(05-08-2023, 12:38 PM)Wermim Wrote: Usual character name: Jyrki Virtanen
BYOND username:Wermim
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Weedi#1283

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee  bee

Reason for application:
Security is one of my most played roles and I feel like this is the next step in security players life cycle. I think I have gathered enough excperience to handle the job of HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Security was really the last job i got into, because I was mostly scared of messing things up or just being deadweight. But I have shed these fears and now security is one of my favorite jobs on station. The most intriguing thing about playing sec is that every round is different. One round is action packed combat maddness and the next one is completely opposite.

Playing security can often be bit rough since you have to play the roles of judge, jury and executioner. (Sometimes even all three at once). But moments like that are usually the fun of playing security. As a member of security you have the chance to interract with and influence the people around you, so in my opinion its important to find the balance of carrot-and-batton to keep the round flowing smoothly.

Antags are people too and they deserve their piece of the fun. Thats why its important to aim for fair punishments depending the the severity of the crime and other factors. I do feel little bit sorry for antags, when they force my hand and i have to kill them. Which is why brig time is my preferred punishment over just throwing antags out of the nearest airlock. it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it

Part of the role of HoS is teaching and with the many hours of security under my belt it would be easy for me to teach a trick or two to new security personel. I dont know any super advanced sec tech but I have a firm hold on the basics and more.

I have learned that communication is the name of the game. If you dont cordinate with other members of security and keep them out of the loop, you are shooting yourself in the foot. They cant really help you, if you are silently dying in some distant maint. Commucation is also a huge help when tracking witnesses and forensic evidence.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    - Dont be affraid of making mistakes or asking questions.
    - Communicate. Security has strenght in numbers so lone wolves usually get eaten by the various evils that inhabit the station. space bear
    - Remember to have fun, but also remember to let others have fun.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When playing solo I tend to act more paranoid and tense, since you dont really have any backup. When playing with other security members I play more relaxed and I try to interact with crew and other security as much as I can.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I have always wanted to do a round where I bake all of my equipment into pies and fight crime by throwing them at crimers.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
One 24hr ban.  a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee

Thanks for reading queen greater domestic space-bee
Seems like a capable HOS to me and liberal use of bee emoji’s def add more style points to the app +99999999999999
We patrolled so much together yet you never asked for my recommendation...
I have actually considered recommending Jyrki a long time ago, since their potential was pretty noticeable.
Jyrki is an awesome secoff that I can for sure trust. Saved my ass from near death situations couple of times too. They are capable of giving out fair punishments and making fair arrests.
I'd say Jyrki's level of robustness is okay. They can stand for themselves in a fight, but that's not the most important thing in playing HoS...
So out of all things I can agree that Jyrki is, in fact, a good officer.
I'd be happy to see Jyrki as the HoS.
+1
Don't make much recommendations cause I worry I don't know enough to, but I know for sure Jyrki's constantly dependable and fair. Saved my ass like everyone else said and uses the radio, plays as well as a HoS. +1
has been playing sec for a while, competent, experienced +1
I can't remember having bad interaction with Jyrki despite seeing their name enough times I remember it, despite having terrible memory with names, so +1 for me
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.