Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborg heads on humanoid torsos
Been thinking about this for a while, since we're able to mix and match heads of various races on top of each other (i.e monkey on human), I was thinking about the possibility of enabling this for cyborg heads and such. Purely cosmetic, no actual benefit, still behaves like a human, so that there's still a mechanical difference between flesh borgs and metal borgs. Naturally you'd only be able to do it with cyborg heads that contain a human brain, anything else is a can of worms I don't want to open.

Perhaps, just for flavor, doing so would have a built-in machine speak, akin to getting it injected, but that's optional.

Any thoughts or concerns welcome.
you can already become entirely cyborg in all parts but the head fairly easily. its probably not smart to let this happen
I was all in for this idea since robot heads are cool... but actually no. What happens when you put a cyborg head on a human body in this case? Are they human? Are they still a cyborg? Can anyone tell the difference other than admins?

I'd much rather have hollowed out versions of the heads as helmets, or just cheap replicas that don't give any defenses.
I've always wanted to see how goofy a borg head on a humanoid body would look like. I'm all for the idea, just no clue how it would all work out. +1
(05-05-2023, 11:26 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I was all in for this idea since robot heads are cool... but actually no. What happens when you put a cyborg head on a human body in this case? Are they human? Are they still a cyborg? Can anyone tell the difference other than admins?

I'd much rather have hollowed out versions of the heads as helmets, or just cheap replicas that don't give any defenses.

That's addressed. I think they should be 100% still human, primarily from a balance point of view. If they turned into a borg, it would introduce all sorts of problems with human hands, or people late-joining and being really confused. No, definitely just leave them human.

As I'm only after the cosmetic side of things, I would be okay with replica versions as hats, though then you can't wear hats, which is sad. But still better than what we have.
(05-06-2023, 03:33 PM)Glamurio Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 11:26 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I was all in for this idea since robot heads are cool... but actually no. What happens when you put a cyborg head on a human body in this case? Are they human? Are they still a cyborg? Can anyone tell the difference other than admins?

That's addressed. I think they should be 100% still human, primarily from a balance point of view. If they turned into a borg, it would introduce all sorts of problems with human hands, or people late-joining and being really confused. No, definitely just leave them human.

As I'm only after the cosmetic side of things, I would be okay with replica versions as hats, though then you can't wear hats, which is sad. But still better than what we have.
You can get a light cyborg costume from Mr honkington in the clown hole though obviously it’s not the real thing
I like the idea, aesthetically, but yeah it's probably better if a player can easily tell who is and isn't a cyborg for game purposes.
Well we can make armor from medium cyborg chests.
Why not just allow us to make cyborg head masks insted?

They look mostly the same but you know eye holes and hair holes and such.

And I mean for all heads including the screen one.
The screen one can also be set but it's still a mask.

If I would design em.

Light: "Only the front part is stuck onto the head, the back of the head is still human, your big human head doesnt fit in that."
Medium: "Full helmet head gear with eye holes in em and your hair sticking out"
Reinforced: "It's a dead space helmet with convinend eye holes!"
Heavy: "Basicly a metal bucket on your head with an eyehole in it, vision is halved but it guards you well"
Screen: "It's basicly the light one again but with a screen face infront of you, you can still see somehow"
(05-09-2023, 08:34 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Well we can make armor from medium cyborg chests.
Why not just allow us to make cyborg head masks insted?

They look mostly the same but you know eye holes and hair holes and such.

And I mean for all heads including the screen one.
The screen one can also be set but it's still a mask.

If I would design em.

Light: "Only the front part is stuck onto the head, the back of the head is still human, your big human head doesnt fit in that."
Medium: "Full helmet head gear with eye holes in em and your hair sticking out"
Reinforced: "It's a dead space helmet with convinend eye holes!"
Heavy: "Basicly a metal bucket on your head with an eyehole in it, vision is halved but it guards you well"
Screen: "It's basicly the light one again but with a screen face infront of you, you can still see somehow"
I'm not against this idea, but at this rate we're just talking about implementing new items, which is sort of unrelated. The criticism is fair, it's going to be difficult to discern visually what's a robot and what isn't, especially if they're using robot arms, clothing and treads. While I'm perfectly okay with that, I'm also aware that it's a potential balance issue for some.
I think the idea kinda don't make sense from lore implications? like when i put a brain into a borg, it goes into the head, so its the direct interface that rewires the brain to be bound to borg laws and do its work.... kinda doesn't makie sense to put it on a human body and NOT have it be essentially a borg.
I like the idea aesthetically but I think it'd be a bit strange ingame