Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texting Mimes
another idle thought.

Some mimes just text message to get around the vow of silence thing, which feels out of character for the mimes, who's job is supposed to be silence and miming, if they can just freely text message doesn't that destroy the purpose?

I was going to suggest that mimes have a Mime PDA that's only capable of sending emojis. Or conversely, to take anything they text and replace it with "...". Feels like it'd be more in character.
(05-01-2023, 10:46 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: another idle thought.

Some mimes just text message to get around the vow of silence thing, which feels out of character for the mimes, who's job is supposed to be silence and miming, if they can just freely text message doesn't that destroy the purpose?

I was going to suggest that mimes have a Mime PDA that's only capable of sending emojis. Or conversely, to take anything they text and replace it with "...". Feels like it'd be more in character.

Any mime pda messages will be spoken in "French Mime"

Insted of recieve messages you get "ERROR: MIME LANGUAGE NOT FOUND"
They can literally write on paper. the PDA isn't a voice message, its a text. its no different then writing on paper. This wouldn't make sense as a change at least to me.

I get the idea is that it feels like cheating but at the end of the day it wouldnt make sense for this to be removed as a feature
writing on a piece of paper lets you communicate with people near you. PDA lets you just have chat function.
Oh I like this, it's always weird to see a mime having a fluent argument with someone over party line.
there IS already a text-to-emoji function used for a few mutations. the framework is in place...
1 exception please - let mime PDA the AI as some heavy sleeper starts have no accessible camera in the room. I think cog1 cargo sec checkpoint brig is one example.
yah! frame work should be doable I imagine and if a mime is only speaking in emoji's it keeps the whole.. Mime, part of miming