Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the listening post explode ai's and law racks
Fairly self explanatory. this stratagy is absolutely discoruaging and un fun to play against. A semi common stratagy is to teleport the AI out, delaw it, build a law rack there, law it, then all of a sudden the syndicate have an untoucable ai nobody can bother with only rorobtics control(whicht eh ai usually instantly disables) left to be able to stop them, so the station just has to deal with an unstoppable unmovable un recoursable antag that has no possible counterplay.

this doesn't feel like the intended purpose.

If the listening post is going to be immune to any possible form of entry then I feel like the listening post should also NOT be usable as a hostage location. One or the other, not both.
While i think having it as a hostage location can be fun for buildup, a law rack and an ai being there is bs.

I think exploding law racks there is a good idea, they have certainly no plsce there. Woth the AI's, i would probably not go these drastic measures. It's the sane woth AI steals as salvagers, when you manage to pull it off and your proce simply evaporates st the magpie.

I would favor to just disable the AI's abilities within the listening post.
haha, part of the same round with this going on.

agree with the inability to make a law rack there being a nice idea. I wouldnt want the core to pop, just because I can imagine traitors might do that with the intent of taking the ai out of a round. and I think from what I'm understanding, one of the major problems is that we had to take the AI out of the game because we just couldnt do anything, so taking them out of the game in a different way no one can do anything seems to present similar challenges 😔 I'm not sure what a good approach would be to prevent people from just yoinking AIs they dont wanna deal with to debilitate them by shoving them in the outpost. but I also think some AI heists are good fun, so preventing them from being teleported or whatnot wouldnt be the way I'd want to resolve it.

yea, dunno! I certainly didnt mind the intrigue of it the first few times I saw it happen, but I definitely dont enjoy ending silicon rounds with no hope of recovering and reconnecting them!
Listening post should definitely not be an unreachable safe zone for law racks, but I don't mind the hostage situations personally. They're fun to do and fun to be part of, but if people are just yoinking AIs to the post and killing them then that's real stinky that if done repeatedly I'd ahelp it. It feels like a legitimate strategy with enough escalation so I wouldn't completely disable it.

Setting up a zone where you can't create law racks seems like a reasonable solution, there's only so many places to hide a law rack that there's actually counterplay. Can't really hide them in asteroids, but there's enough powered areas that doing that strategy could still work.
Well if the listening post could be raided that problem is solved.

Or you can just make the listening post unable to be teleported to period.

But the "No AI law racks there" is also fine.
(05-01-2023, 12:13 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: haha, part of the same round with this going on.

agree with the inability to make a law rack there being a nice idea. I wouldnt want the core to pop, just because I can imagine traitors might do that with the intent of taking the ai out of a round. and I think from what I'm understanding, one of the major problems is that we had to take the AI out of the game because we just couldnt do anything, so taking them out of the game in a different way no one can do anything seems to present similar challenges 😔 I'm not sure what a good approach would be to prevent people from just yoinking AIs they dont wanna deal with to debilitate them by shoving them in the outpost. but I also think some AI heists are good fun, so preventing them from being teleported or whatnot wouldnt be the way I'd want to resolve it.

yea, dunno! I certainly didnt mind the intrigue of it the first few times I saw it happen, but I definitely dont enjoy ending silicon rounds with no hope of recovering and reconnecting them!
I suppose blowing the ai up might be cruel.  Its just the lack of counter play thing 

Removing rhe ai from play.is easy. You fan teleport it onto the grindee with 2-3 minutes of work
Yeah I'd be for that, or it at least leaves them non functional until they're removed, the AI that is

I suppose one way to counter an untouchable AI though is to cut all the cameras, can't interact with what it cant see
What if law racks needed a data terminal connection to the mainframe at least once, or they won't work. That'd basically stop law racks form being placed off station, unless you wanted to go out of the way to pave and cable all the way to the listening post (kudos if you do though)

Side note but I feel silicons shouldn't be able to decon roundstart robotics controls
Good idea, but I feel like it would be better if sillicons couldn't decon robotics controls as well because it will also help with similar stuff like lawless AI just taking itself off station and deconstructing the robotics controls, basically becoming immortal.