Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Revert reward swat mask back to it’s syndicate colours
The blue on the swat mask is poorly done and doesn’t look great, I would rather an original red coloured swat mask because it looks cooler.

It probably won’t lead to confusion with the nuke commander if worn due to the lack of wearing nuclear ops uniform, and if someone did wear it without the mask they would be confused as a nukie anyways.

Another reason is that the blue doesn’t fit in with most outfits and if this was red it would probably fit in better with average wear.
The sprites were updated recently, and i think they look pretty neat.
Why not have both?

Blue and Red.
I prefer the red swat mask. Maybe yeah let us choose between both?
it was changed specifically to hopefully increase people's ability to tell who's an antag at a glance and who isn't. it's still available in the listening post I think
it should stay blue. i think letting anyone have access to the red one takes away from the appeal of having a mask the syndicate people are known for.
(05-05-2023, 10:38 PM)Bigbro175 Wrote: it should stay blue. i think letting anyone have access to the red one takes away from the appeal of having a mask the syndicate people are known for.

If "red" is suppose to define Syndicate... why is security red then? The people WHO FIGHT the Syndicate?
By "game" logic that would be considered: "Color falacy"
Both teams have the same color, how do I not friendly fire?

BUT Technically.. I am fine with one defining "Neutral" and the other saying "TRUE SYNDICATE"
But at the same time... what stops a syndicate member from wearing a neutral one?

It feels like a non issue. I don't mind either way, with the red one being syndicate only.
(05-05-2023, 10:38 PM)Bigbro175 Wrote: it should stay blue. i think letting anyone have access to the red one takes away from the appeal of having a mask the syndicate people are known for.

what appeal?
(05-06-2023, 05:43 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

If "red" is suppose to define Syndicate... why is security red then? The people WHO FIGHT the Syndicate?
By "game" logic that would be considered: "Color falacy"
Both teams have the same color, how do I not friendly fire?

BUT Technically.. I am fine with one defining "Neutral" and the other saying "TRUE SYNDICATE"
But at the same time... what stops a syndicate member from wearing a neutral one?

It feels like a non issue. I don't mind either way, with the red one being syndicate only.

The old mask was literally a syndicate gas mask slapped onto a medal reward. You can still buy the red gas mask at the listening post
It's hard enough to recognize sec as it is. The mask change is good IMO even if it doesn't entirely solve that issue.
I'm also for the SWAT mask staying blue. I remember when I was new to the game, I constantly thought that people wearing the red mask were antags.
(05-06-2023, 11:55 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:

what appeal?

Beyond just looking different then normal and generally looking "cool" it's also supposed to be something belonging to syndicate members. One of the many reasons that the bad guys are cool is because they get exclusive toys and look intimidating. It becomes a lot less "cool" or "prestigious" to be the bad guy when everyone else is ALSO the bad guy, y'know? If you walk aboard the station with the gas mask and the turtleneck and want to have attention drawn to you just for someone else to be wearing the SAME MASK and a JAZZY TURTLENECK- it effectively makes everyone else blind to it since they see it so often.

One of the reasons that the HoS equipment is cool is because its exclusive and not everyone gets a chance to use it, the lawbringer is cool because not everyone has a lawbringer. (obviously it has it's own cool-factor in addition.) If anyone could get a baton it makes "being security" less meaningful doesn't it? You could even make a connection to a gam with an economy in it, TF2 for example. Golden frying pans are cool because you don't get to see one every day.

Now if you walk into a room and everyone is using the syndicate mask now it means nothing. If you aren't a syndicate member you shouldn't have the mask.