Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gang Playstyles & Mechanics to Incentivize Them
I was playing a gangs round the other day and in the duration of the round I thought to myself what if the clothing was just as unique as the gear they would get from lockers. After that I considered how unique items could be used to incentivize more specific gang goals; how to really drive home the idea of organized crime. So here is the idea.

- A gangleader spawns and gets a unique locker, maybe we let them choose its materials or base it on their job. 

-Different lockers hold different resources or technologies other gangs won't have until the leader and his crew are destroyed in some way. 

-Trade would be encouraged, let's say there are four gangs and your's specializes in pharmaceutical enhancements, like stems but pills that give different boosts with their terrible addictions and another gang specializes in producing melee weapons you can trade them to be able to compete with the other two.

I'd love to see people come up with more comical and niche locker ideas and maybe more points would allow some ultimate product of sorts. I'll list a few fun ones with special equipments, some are just gimmicks .

Cyber Gang Locker: This gang might need to commandeer a operating table but they get special body modifications instead of generic rat sticks that can help them protect themselves and use to assault enemy gangs. They could use this for bargaining with neutral groups or ally gangs as well. 

Space Biker Gang Locker: They get little vehicles that can easily crash and injure them but also wreck havoc on other's. Better modifications to make them more destructive or safer are possible to earn with points. Almost thinking the bikes could look like something from Tron

Honk Gang Locker: It's sort of random, some of the items are just foolish but the surprising nature of this locker is what gives them an advantage. From stun bike horns to the terrifying banana cannon, it will be a challenge to face off with them.
I like the idea of being able to trade with other gangs, but I like the idea even more of being able to STEAL out of rival gangs lockers for their unique items. Betrayal and backstabbing and rising tensions with proper motivation beyond tagging, and it can help ensure the round doesn't become "everyone who joins the gangs vs those who didn't"

Though, I think the gang leaders should be able to choose what locker type they pick rather than it being reliant on what job you are. If the clown gang-leader is able to worm his way into a scientist job before placing his locker, he should be able to have the option of putting down a chemical based locker instead of a clown one.
(04-30-2023, 11:54 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I like the idea of being able to trade with other gangs, but I like the idea even more of being able to STEAL out of rival gangs lockers for their unique items. Betrayal and backstabbing and rising tensions with proper motivation beyond tagging, and it can help ensure the round doesn't become "everyone who joins the gangs vs those who didn't"

Though, I think the gang leaders should be able to choose what locker type they pick rather than it being reliant on what job you are. If the clown gang-leader is able to worm his way into a scientist job before placing his locker, he should be able to have the option of putting down a chemical based locker instead of a clown one.

I agree with this sentiment. More intrigue and drama in gang rounds. It would be fun just to see gangs with more of their own motives.