Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] Oshan Cargo Redesign
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Mapping] [QoL] [INPUT]
About the PR

This pr completely alters the layout of the cargo area on Oshan, as well as Southwest Maints, Central Warehouse, and The Crew Lounge, all located within the southwest corner of the station. A screenshot of the changes can be found here:
https://gyazo.com/a4e2206c0f40e8956782f8a85b16b4d9

Why's this needed?

Oshan's cargo area currently has a problem where it's far too easy for QM players to shut themselves off in the backroom and not interact with the rest of the station while they do their work. This new layout fixes this problem by making it easier for both crew and cargo to interact with each other without trying to converse through the backroom shutters.

Additionally, this PR helps to turn the crew lounge found near this end of the station in a room that "almost kinda" resembles a lounge instead of a single sad looking table and stools.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)DeeDotVeeA
(*)Oshan Laboratory's Quartermasters have become so rich from reselling metal sheets to the market that they were able to purchase a brand new Cargo area. Good for them!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I got Four major complaints of the changes.

1: That south west maintance area feels... pointless especially now it's connected via pipes.
This is always a lame fix, but I understand the reasoning.
Other wise maintance would go through the middle of cargo or over the conveyers like before.
But I still think there is a better way to make those maintance shafts work.
Either add some random rooms to that shaft or extend it closer to cargo's back doors.

2: This barely fixes the lounge and the jazz lounge next to it.
Just put a door next to the jazz lounge in that hallway or change it all together.
it's always been my least favorite corner of Oshan.

3: I like this new version of cargo but that random maintance room is still there, all junky and nothing. It used to be used by cargo and staffies to interact with.
Now there is a shaft in between em... making the room very isolated. What's your intention with that? If anything the employee lounge is more on the north anyway next to crew quarters... either way... change that room completely then or move it to the southwestern area that is now bare.

4: THE CARGO TUG IS IN A PUBLIC MAINTANCE SHAFT FOR ANYONE TO USE!
Put it in cargo or an area where QMs/Engineering can only get it. Sure Cargo tugs arent used alot, but leaving it for any random staffy to take it is just bad design.