Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] Prevents Abominations From Being Mindhacked
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED] [GAME OBJECTS] [MUTANTRACES]

About the PR
Prevents abominations from being mindhacked. Does not affect changelings.

Why's this needed?
Considering abominations are these massive, loud threats, being able to shut them down with 1 click is really bad. This makes it so a random sec off/traitor with a mind hack on them can't just negate an active abomination.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(*)Abominations can no longer be mindhacked.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
i think this is probably a non-issue, i dont see how this is an actual problem that would happen frequently enough to warrant this change and i also see this could cause problems if a traitor mindhacks a changeling and they get forced to shamble etc. And in the case that sec is mindhacking a shambler im pretty sure thats just against the sec guidelines as its outlined in the hos guidelines on the forums that you should not allow your officers to wield antagonist gear unless its dire circumstances(nukies). I feel that shamblers have more pressing issues than being able to get mindhacked.
Shamblers have much bigger issues than getting mindhacked as far as antag vs antag goes. Katanas can instantly kill them in the same way. one grab or pull shuts down any devour they can try. and personally I have never seen a mindhacked shambler.
Im not against this change but I don't really see the need for it.
I don't see a reason to not implement this, also, I am totally going to try that if this doesn't go through
This seems like a very rare and silly moment... but you know what? SURE!