Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Idea: Genetics and Botany
I see we already have some chill mutations from botany but imagine if the two departments could collaborate to combine animal genes with vegetables. Examples might be making tomato humanoids and the type of tomato mutated with animal dna would impact it's behavior or abilities. 

We could make pacifistic explosive tomato men or killer tomato monkeys. Maybe weed bats or banana sharks!? Fungus cows? The possibilities seem endless and the idea seems ridiculous enough to be fun; though maybe not fun to code...
Yaknow, I think you're onto something here. Maybe not "Rise of the tomato-people" but more collaboration is halfway baked in, considering that plants themselves can have genetics passed on from offspring to offspring. Maybe you could inject certain human mutations into plants in order to make a specific mutation, like injecting seething tomato seeds with cryokinesis could result in freezing tomatoes or injecting ethanol production into wheat seeds could result in beerplants.

Or to go more in a murderous direction, imagine the killer tomatoes you could create if they could be injected with any number of mutations. Jumpy, fire breath, brown note, the list goes on!
(04-28-2023, 11:09 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: Yaknow, I think you're onto something here. Maybe not "Rise of the tomato-people" but more collaboration is halfway baked in, considering that plants themselves can have genetics passed on from offspring to offspring. Maybe you could inject certain human mutations into plants in order to make a specific mutation, like injecting seething tomato seeds with cryokinesis could result in freezing tomatoes or injecting ethanol production into wheat seeds could result in beerplants.

Or to go more in a murderous direction, imagine the killer tomatoes you could create if they could be injected with any number of mutations. Jumpy, fire breath, brown note, the list goes on!
This certainly works too, while "Rise of the Tomato-People" sounds cool perhaps it is much too extreme. Injecting human mutations into plants would be fun, giving plants speech would be hilarious. 

Alternatively, though I'll let tomato people go, what if the vegetable dna could still mess with human dna a bit as well? Lemonade blood instead of normal blood would be a great and useful example.