Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Portapuke too stronk
As it stands, you can put an infinite number of people in the portapuk, you cannot remove anyone from the portapuke, you cannot escape from the portapuke, and the portapuke is guaranteed to kill you.  I feel like at least one of those things need to be changed, preferably the first one.
Honestly, Couldnt agree more. The porta puke is by far the most powerful rampage tool due to its ease of use and how it can kill everyone without fail if they are inside.
Port A Puke is partially balanced by the fact that it's a massive glass cannon, it's big and obvious, and it's very easy for the user to just get slam dunked into the Port A Puke if they drop their guard for half a second. I personally think it's pretty balanced and I don't see it used too often.

However I could compromise with giving it an option to dump out all it's occupants by just clicking on the Port-A-Puke once. The rest of it's properties are fine and can remain.
Sorry, if you let a rampager get away with a port-a-puke... like a really big and very loud container that says "i am an antag" while having removed most of their TC... you should get facerolled and deserve all repercussions.

The port-a-puke is a glorified carryable crusher. Useless on its own and extremly obvious.

That item can mostly be countered by any somewhat mediocre coordinated sec team. Or by a securitron or a borg that cannot be stuffed in there.

I can see the item a problem for low pop, where one secoff can get ambushed and the station is left without security, but that is it. Although in these situations a c-saber with a stun baton will bring the same results.
(04-28-2023, 10:29 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Sorry, if you let a rampager get away with a port-a-puke... like a really big and very loud container that says "i am an antag" while having removed most of their TC... you should get facerolled and deserve all repercussions.

The port-a-puke is a glorified carryable crusher. Useless on its own and extremly obvious.

That item can mostly be countered by any somewhat mediocre coordinated sec team. Or by a securitron or a borg that cannot be stuffed in there.

I can see the item a problem for low pop, where one secoff can get ambushed and the station is left without security, but that is it. Although in these situations a c-saber with a stun baton will bring the same results.

Basicly this... Port-a-pukes are slow and pretty much tell everyone: "This person is an antag and this item is one"

If a rampager gets away with it... this is how you defeat a Port-a-puker.

One person fights the antag, the other drags the port-a-puke away. DONE. Rampage over.
(04-28-2023, 01:25 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Basicly this... Port-a-pukes are slow and pretty much tell everyone: "This person is an antag and this item is one"

If a rampager gets away with it... this is how you defeat a Port-a-puker.

One person fights the antag, the other drags the port-a-puke away. DONE. Rampage over.

OK but like, Idk how it is on RP but on classic people dont let this happen. And despite what you might think this isnt a issue based on traitor rounds but is prodominat on Spies. Like the amount of times someone gets a wrestlebelt and Porta puke and can genuinely sweep with very little resistance. This doesnt include the ability for people to get stuns from sec and use them to put people in. 

The issue with porta puke is that its insane the buffs it has being a 1 click instant death with 0 chance of escape.

Your advice for stopping a rampage is so general that it applies to all antagonists "oh just robust the rampager and DONE. Rampage over". It really doesnt work that way, Porta puke is just a way for someone with stuns to instant kill people. Nobodies saying that some nobody with a porta puke can spawn it in and instant rampage as yes they can just be stopped. its mainly focused on its ability to be paired with any stun weapon and it become possibly the quickest way for a station wipe as its 3 click next person.

Yeah this response is kinda badly written but I think the points are pretty self evident, yeah thats about it thanks
(04-28-2023, 02:23 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: OK but like, Idk how it is on RP but on classic people dont let this happen. And despite what you might think this isnt a issue based on traitor rounds but is prodominat on Spies. Like the amount of times someone gets a wrestlebelt and Porta puke and can genuinely sweep with very little resistance. This doesnt include the ability for people to get stuns from sec and use them to put people in. 

I mean, why is the suggestion then to simply take it out of the spief list? That's something thst makes sense since it counteractd the high TC cost on the port-a-puke.

Then again, spief is kinda hard to get going and getting these explicit combos, like rampage weapon plus stimulants or a port a puke with wrestling belt is an achievement. We are explicitely talking about somewhat lucky turn ins.
(04-28-2023, 07:33 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 02:23 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: OK but like, Idk how it is on RP but on classic people dont let this happen. And despite what you might think this isnt a issue based on traitor rounds but is prodominat on Spies. Like the amount of times someone gets a wrestlebelt and Porta puke and can genuinely sweep with very little resistance. This doesnt include the ability for people to get stuns from sec and use them to put people in. 

I mean, why is the suggestion then to simply take it out of the spief list? That's something thst makes sense since it counteractd the high TC cost on the port-a-puke.

Then again, spief is kinda hard to get going and getting these explicit combos, like rampage weapon plus stimulants or a port a puke with wrestling belt is an achievement. We are explicitely talking about somewhat lucky turn ins.

I agree with this sentiment.
Originally you proposed that it is JUST THE PORT-A-PUKE. Wich again... if someone distracts the rampager and the other player drags the puker away you get an advantage despite it being a wrestler.

But if a spief gets this combo started... that's very lucky on the spief's side since any of those items can be given to other spiefs and there are other antags abound that can kill em. Infact Spiefs are encouraged to kill other spiefs.
So if you get this happening... the spief kinda earned it cause you don't know what they went through to get it let alone.. my strategy still applies.

Also just use a banana peel or lube to slip up the wrestler and then push the puker away? Using lube and peels to defend yourself? Even magic sandals do not stop em from lube slips nor do stimulants.

Heck once they are slipped, you can get free stun hits on them and put them in their own port-a-puke.

But if a Spief has Stimulants, belt and port-a-puke. I can't say anything but "you allowed this to happen"

This is such a NICHE scenerio that might happen 1/10000.
(04-29-2023, 06:03 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I mean, why is the suggestion then to simply take it out of the spief list? That's something thst makes sense since it counteractd the high TC cost on the port-a-puke.

I agree with this sentiment.
Originally you proposed that it is JUST THE PORT-A-PUKE. Wich again... if someone distracts the rampager and the other player drags the puker away you get an advantage despite it being a wrestler.

But if a spief gets this combo started... that's very lucky on the spief's side since any of those items can be given to other spiefs and there are other antags abound that can kill em. Infact Spiefs are encouraged to kill other spiefs.
So if you get this happening... the spief kinda earned it cause you don't know what they went through to get it let alone.. my strategy still applies.

Also just use a banana peel or lube to slip up the wrestler and then push the puker away? Using lube and peels to defend yourself? Even magic sandals do not stop em from lube slips nor do stimulants.

Heck once they are slipped, you can get free stun hits on them and put them in their own port-a-puke.

But if a Spief has Stimulants, belt and port-a-puke. I can't say anything but "you allowed this to happen"

This is such a NICHE scenerio that might happen 1/10000.

I think you greatly under estimate the ability of 1 spief to get all these items. by 30 minutes theres a high chance that all of these items have been in circulation and that 1 spy is likely to be the one to get every single one. It happens pretty much every game, atleast on classic. On spies theres pretty much always 1-2 dominant spiefs while the other 4+ are left eating only the scraps of whats left. this isnt a isolated case, it happens every single spief round. 

Typical spief round be like: 30 minutes of ntohing but maybe the callout of someones arm/leg being taken. 30 + minutes is when chaos insues with a spief with either a wrestlebelt katana/wrestlebelt portapuke with possible stims or Syndicate donk pockets rampage and being unable to be stopped.

As mentioned this isnt a isolated case, this happens repeatidly. Idk the situation on RP it might be that all spies even out their loot but on classic its hell. And we havent even discussed the existence of mixed spies which quite literally are just a traitor with infinite TC and no ability to get a C saber. on mixed a spy is quite literally just a OP buff traitor.

I know that this kinda went off topic of the porta puke but all these factors play into the ability of the porta puke to be considered for a nerf. Its honestly so annoying to have every spy round turn out this way.
For the record you absolutely do not need a wrestling belt to portapuke rampage, just buy a derringer and double-tap a secoff for their baton and taser.  Trivially easy.
no you dont need it but wrestlebelt is the most effective other item to go with it. but yes 100% you can just buy a derringer get stuns and stun people to use it. but that argument was already made on my first comment on this.
So let me get this straight... The port-a-puke isn't too strong....
It's port-a-puke + other traitor items wich only SPIEFs can get...

Let me think of a common complaint of Classic.
"People hack open doors even when they aren't antags.. it's just classic culture, don't change it" - Paraphrazing
"HoPs give AA or else Staffies will jump over the desk and beat up the HoP to get AA" - Paraphrazing
"Staffies always break into EVA, who cares if they do?" - Paraphrazing.
"Doctoring on classic is hard since people rather take a mender and buzz off" - Yep more paraphrazing.

So why do spief's get away with it? Cause every regular player already opens the goddamn doors for them.
So basicly put...
The port-a-puke as a traitor only item ain't bad.
It's a problem as a spief item.
Deringers can take out Security members? (I don't know how that works... deringers are surprisingly bad... questioning secuirty and stun weapons run out faster then you think?)
And it happens OFTEN cause Port-a-puke is always in rotation with a wrestling belt?

...So not only does it seem like A RARE SITUATION happens A LOT for some reason acording to your claims.
But also no one stop spiefs on the servers that gets ACCUSED you get validhunting so much as you look wrong...
In a server where doctors can't do their jobs and staffies will break open doors and harras HoPs for AA.

At that point I am asking.. is Port-a-puke a problem.. or is something else the real problem?
(04-29-2023, 09:59 AM)Kotlol Wrote: So let me get this straight... The port-a-puke isn't too strong....
It's port-a-puke + other traitor items wich only SPIEFs can get...

Let me think of a common complaint of Classic.
"People hack open doors even when they aren't antags.. it's just classic culture, don't change it" - Paraphrazing
"HoPs give AA or else Staffies will jump over the desk and beat up the HoP to get AA" - Paraphrazing
"Staffies always break into EVA, who cares if they do?" - Paraphrazing.
"Doctoring on classic is hard since people rather take a mender and buzz off" - Yep more paraphrazing.

So why do spief's get away with it? Cause every regular player already opens the goddamn doors for them.
So basicly put...
The port-a-puke as a traitor only item ain't bad.
It's a problem as a spief item.
Deringers can take out Security members? (I don't know how that works... deringers are surprisingly bad... questioning secuirty and stun weapons run out faster then you think?)
And it happens OFTEN cause Port-a-puke is always in rotation with a wrestling belt?

...So not only does it seem like A RARE SITUATION happens A LOT for some reason acording to your claims.
But also no one stop spiefs on the servers that gets ACCUSED you get validhunting so much as you look wrong...
In a server where doctors can't do their jobs and staffies will break open doors and harras HoPs for AA.

At that point I am asking.. is Port-a-puke a problem.. or is something else the real problem?

i dont really see your argument and it seems like you are just saying that the reason a combination of antag gear is powerful is because of the server culture on classic. if im wrong feel free to correct me but thats just what i gathered from this post.

edit: also derringers are pretty powerful and you can just recharge stun gear at mining cargo or security if you have an adequate disguise
I think asking for there not to be a one-click "I win" kill on the portapuke isnt over the top. we got rid of that on crushers and gibbers anyways, and those are stationary.

I've seen a number of rampages on classic with the portapuke. With a flash, with a belt, with a traitor who has a faustian kit, with stolen sec gear, with lube. I've seen one like minirampage on RP with it. it's a great item, it should be big and obvious and scary, and I'd like to keep it viable for people to use it; almost nobody gets a portapuke on RP. Every time I've seen them other than one rampage and one other round, they've been abandoned or stashed by spies who never intend to use it. so, in that case, I think trying to turn attention to some of the things that might make the experience with it better on classic is not a bad thing. Removing an instant kill or removing infinite capacity on the portapuke is a nonissue on RP. nobody is getting to 30-player rampages with the portapuke.

maybe not my place to say but I've enjoyed my time on both servers. I think we do a disservice to each other when we dont listen to the experiences from either set of servers, whether that's generalizing classic players as rude, unfiltered and aggressive, or generalizing rp players as squishy unrobust babies afraid of playing a game.
Well fair we can find ways for the port-a-puke to not instantly kill someone or have a capacity or better yet... have a way to break it open to save anyone.

And yes I seen classic culture several times and heard a lot of it. While I don't say greytiders happens at the scale of my previous post. It is still a problem.
Greytiders who open doors.. guess what? Antags get use out of it.

If spiefs are so powerful in classic they can do this frequently. It means either spiefs are really good players OOORRR... everyone doesn't work to fixing doors and keeping em shut.

Anyhow a few changes to the port-a-puke is fine, but as I said before: "It isn't intended to get this out of hand."