Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Portapuke too stronk
I don't think we should add a capacity to the PortAPuke, theres a certain comical aspect to a half dozen people screaming on the radio for help and broadcasting your location to everyone. The best compromise here would be giving it the clown car treatment, if anybody clicks on the Puker once, it dumps everybody.
(04-29-2023, 02:29 PM)Jakson Wrote: The best compromise here would be giving it the clown car treatment, if anybody clicks on the Puker once, it dumps everybody.

It's still a 7TC item, in comparison to the 5TC cost of the car. Besides, the clown car is utmost useless for rampages because of functionalities like this. And it is in geberal functionslly different. And i see the same happening woth the port-a-puke if, in combat, a single click would suffice to dump everyone out.

I can see that making sense with a 4 second action bar, though. That way, for as long as the rampager can hold claim on the port-a-puke, noone gets out.

Sadly, that will destroy RP use, since , instead of warching in horror how the poor fella gets shredded in the machine, people simply rush in and pull the person out. And the item is extremly loud, for obvious reasons.
(05-01-2023, 08:33 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 02:29 PM)Jakson Wrote: The best compromise here would be giving it the clown car treatment, if anybody clicks on the Puker once, it dumps everybody.

It's still a 7TC item, in comparison to the 5TC cost of the car. Besides,  the clown car is utmost useless for rampages because of functionalities like this. And it is in geberal functionslly different.  And i see the same happening woth the port-a-puke if, in combat, a single click would suffice to dump everyone out.

I can see that making sense with a 4 second action bar, though. That way, for as long as the rampager can hold claim on the port-a-puke,  noone gets out.

Sadly, that will destroy RP use, since , instead of warching in horror how the poor fella gets shredded in the machine, people simply rush in and pull the person out. And the item is extremly loud, for obvious reasons.

To be fair, people barely use it on RP as it is, so it's not a complete loss.

BUT... I think this change is a sign of another problem in Classic over RP.
Afterall we discerned the fact the port-a-puke rampage is mostly tied to SPIEFS and not TRAITORS.

And while my personal theory is "Classic tends to keep doors wide open cause greytiders"

The fact remains that people are complaining about something that is suppose to be a rare chance.
It's suppose to be rare for a SPIEF to get items like a Port-a-puke + Wrestler belt.
But here people claim it's OFTEN that a SPIEF gets a Port-a-puke + item to take down sec + flash/stun baton.

So while I think I am skeptical of this happening a lot, considering Classic has a lot of antagonists too... and SPIEFs generally are enemies to eachother... how does this keep happening or is it rare and people are complaining?

Eh eitherway the change is fine, but it feels like there is an underlying problem that lays more in the hearts of classic, as in RP this is a non issue.
I mean, it is a classic problem™, but i think it is a valid concern if it is happening too frequently. And i think some other solutions could work to keep it in the spief list. Like a ejection of people with an action bar. But in general, it's a synergy item that gets broken by too competent spiefs.

So my most preferred idea would be to remove it out of the spief bounty list. There are enough job restricted items not there. That would solve the problem mostly without taking away from traitors.
(05-01-2023, 08:33 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:

It's still a 7TC item, in comparison to the 5TC cost of the car. Besides,  the clown car is utmost useless for rampages because of functionalities like this. And it is in geberal functionslly different.  And i see the same happening woth the port-a-puke if, in combat, a single click would suffice to dump everyone out.

I can see that making sense with a 4 second action bar, though. That way, for as long as the rampager can hold claim on the port-a-puke,  noone gets out.

It can already be destroyed by outside forces, including explosions that don't even space the floor, the antag is forced to not leave it alone or they can permanently lose it, merely being set to arrest can be a huge problem because you really shouldn't leave the portapuke's side, and if the antag slips, or gets some random knockdown from a trait or addiction or whatever, or simply gets GRABBED and can't get rid of the grab on time, it's game over for the antag.

If you add that functionality it will become a really bad item for 7 TC, which is the same as a c-saber, chainsaw or katana. And those are a 100% deflect chance, an instant knockdown with organ removal, and a 100% delimb that can outright kill with 5 clicks.

If someone is robust enough to use the portapuke, they are more than robust enough to rampage with a csaber effectively, and if you nuke all utility from the portapuke people will simply stop using it and move to other items.
Talking about, the trash compactor and hotdog cart are better in every way: They are much stealthier, they gib, take less time, and you can't warn others as easily, on top of being much less inconspicuous, allowing to be hidden. Portapuke bodies can be recovered and brought back to life.
I'd like some actionbar of victim ejection though, allows people to be saved if you rescue the portapuke or if you accidentally put someone you didn't want dead inside.
Thanks Staring for pointing out things, but you forgot the "SPIEF" situations mentioned earlier in the topic.

Wich is when Spiefs are able to get a port-a-puke and wrestling belt. Or even killed a security member with a deringer (I don't know how) and took their stun baton and gun. Maybe some even had a katana and acording the post... THIS IS FREQUENT.

But what I think annoys them the most is.. once in the port-a-puke...they are stuck dieing for a while in there before being fully dead and doing something else and able to be cloned.
If that is the complaint.. yes I agree. While it makes sense for a rampage antag to kill someone slowly and have them being unable to be saved is a HUGE PLUS for them. Making their rampage easier as it goes on... for the players being port-a-puked? They just can only twiddle their thumbs or go away fromt heir keyboards since the only way they are leaving that device is DEAD.

IF THIS IS THE TRUE COMPLAINT. Having some changes would be great yes!
But other wise... I agree mostly with you.. it's not too stronk.. but if it disables and annoys players... maybe changing some of it would be nice.
dont 1v1 somebody with a portapuke
(05-05-2023, 10:54 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: dont 1v1 somebody with a portapuke

this is the answer to 90% of all people calling to nerf antag items/abilities
(05-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Jakson Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 10:54 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: dont 1v1 somebody with a portapuke

this is the answer to 90% of all people calling to nerf antag items/abilities

IRONICALLY... the logic of suggestions goes like this.

Antag too strong, nerf antag so I can 1 v 1 them.
Then....
Antag too weak, Cannot fight security, security too strong.
Then
Security too weak, cannot 5 vs 1. Buff security.

And then it swings back to antag too weak... that they get beaten by simple staffies and staffies complain again.
No really i seen this pendulum swing a lot.

Currently were back at Antags too strong. The other last complaint about antags was the arcfiend... but that was more "ANNOYING" then "TOO STRONG."
As the Arcfiend running is just very annoying and cutting wires just adds more annoyance.

Anyway... the balance of the game is hard, but if the complaint is.. "I am a staffy and i cannot 1 v 1 an antagonist." Then no.. you aren't suppose to 1 v 1 and antag.

Normal crewmen aren't SUPPOSE to win against antagonists.
Antagonists aren't SUPPOSE to 1 vs 10 Security. Heck they don't want to 1 v 1 security either.
And Security isn't suppose to 1 vs 10 Normal crew or antags. Security always should be in groups of two.

But we derailed this topic long enough so back on track.

Port-a-puke either remove from SPIEF or add an action bar to eject occupants.