Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Set securitrons to auto-patrol by default
Beepsky always goes back on patrol if you hide away or are arrested, allowing for a fun get around to being chased. Securitrons have auto-patrol turned off though, so that one spawned in a specific area sticks around there.

Personally, I'd prefer ALL securitrons to be set to auto-patrol by default, even ones spawned as a feature of the map and not made by a player. I can see that maybe being contentious so just making newly-built securitrons be set to auto-patrol at least would be nice.

(I made a bug report (#12623) on this thinking it was a bug and not just part of the settings, not sure how to go about getting that closed.)
It might be like that so if you want to make a securitron for a specific area you don't then have to immediately chase it down to turn off its autopatrol so you can drag it to where you need it; and let me tell ya, clicking and turning off a patrolling securitron is harder than it looks, and only sec and captain have securitron control in their pda

Personally I make a named securitron as one of my sec characters to patrol security, it would be a little annoying to have to then chase him down cause he wants to go patrol the entire station instead.

Round spawn securitrions though? Absolutely, only makes sense; though you could also ask AI to set them to autopatrol
both of these sound like reasonable defaults that are much harder to change post deployment. maybe pulsing the assembly (same step where you name them before creation) with a multitool could swap between these two options?
(04-27-2023, 07:30 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: Beepsky always goes back on patrol if you hide away or are arrested, allowing for a fun get around to being chased. Securitrons have auto-patrol turned off though, so that one spawned in a specific area sticks around there.

Personally, I'd prefer ALL securitrons to be set to auto-patrol by default, even ones spawned as a feature of the map and not made by a player. I can see that maybe being contentious so just making newly-built securitrons be set to auto-patrol at least would be nice.

(I made a bug report (#12623) on this thinking it was a bug and not just part of the settings, not sure how to go about getting that closed.)

I will actually cry. Maps with high amounts of securitrons like donut 3 and cogmap 1 are pretty much a constant run-in with securitrons if they are set to patrol, and a fair amount of maps only have beepsky.
(04-27-2023, 05:00 PM)PHLiao Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 07:30 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: Beepsky always goes back on patrol if you hide away or are arrested, allowing for a fun get around to being chased. Securitrons have auto-patrol turned off though, so that one spawned in a specific area sticks around there.

I will actually cry. Maps with high amounts of securitrons like donut 3 and cogmap 1 are pretty much a constant run-in with securitrons if they are set to patrol, and a fair amount of maps only have beepsky.

I'm still not a fan of how it is now, I know you play jailbird, would you have any improvements you'd want?

Maybe we can standardise the amount of regular securitrons on each station. Personally I think just beepsky gets things done on most maps that aren't huge. Then if people want a securitron to stick around them they have to ask for one to be made which means more job interaction.
(04-27-2023, 01:20 PM)BadShot Wrote: It might be like that so if you want to make a securitron for a specific area you don't then have to immediately chase it down to turn off its autopatrol so you can drag it to where you need it; and let me tell ya, clicking and turning off a patrolling securitron is harder than it looks, and only sec and captain have securitron control in their pda

Personally I make a named securitron as one of my sec characters to patrol security, it would be a little annoying to have to then chase him down cause he wants to go patrol the entire station instead.

Round spawn securitrions though? Absolutely, only makes sense; though you could also ask AI to set them to autopatrol
You know with a sec PDA you can set it to guard a specific area if you