Complaint mexicat | Conduct | 27/04/2023 | 00:30 PM GMT+1
Admin: Mexicat

Server: Main

Date + time: 27/04/2023 / 00:30AM GMT+1

Synopsis: I started a brand-new round and decided to play Robotocist. The first thing I was greeted with was an AI Shell, so, *as a joke* I said 'shut the fuck up bitch' . The AI pretty much ignored this and we got on with our round. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute later, 3 minutes into the shift, I was building a cyborg and I suddenly get hit with a 6 hour ban with the reasoning: 
You have been banned by Mexicat (discord)
Reason: "shut the fuck up bitch" || You've been warned for language before. Let's hope this one sticks.

Honestly I was a bit 'flabbergasted' by this as it was incredibly sudden, no ticket, nothing else. I'd even debate it being a jumpscare, and I'm not knowledgeable on many things but I'm assuming this was done through Discord, not by an admin in-game. 

In the ban message, they said 'You've been warned for language before.'. I'm 99% sure they are using a note from a few months ago as an excuse to ban me for six hours without any context, not even confronting me, just instantly slapping me with a tempban. Personally, I believe this could've been handled so much better rather than them not confronting me, not knowing the context in which I was speaking and if I'm going to be honest, this feels like some sort of powertrip, trying to get ANY excuse to ban a player. 

I read through the rules, and I realised yes, I said the word 'bitch' in a sentence in-game. But, when I read closer, it has come to my attention that you can use the word 'dick' and other 'normally' used terms, hell, 'shut the fuck up' wouldn't come under the rule. However, because I put the word 'bitch' at the end it instantly constitutes a tempban? I would've appreciated the admin in question, Mexicat, coming to me in adminpm's and getting a read on the situation rather than taking any reason they could to ban me, even a note from god knows how long ago, at least a few months.

Logs: 

Extra information: I am John Richards in-game, and also, Mexicat, I appreciate you upholding server rules but was this really the way to handle the situation? Would you not be angry if you, for the sake of this argument, called someone a bitch on the server 3 months ago, then an admin comes along and, when you say it jokingly not realising you actually said it, you get slapped with a tempban from an admin who didn't ask for context, didn't talk to you and instead just banned you from the discord without as so much as a second thought? 
here is the motd that shows up every single time you log in:

[Image: raWbH1b.png]

when we tell you not to do something (see: your past warning, which we are under no obligations to give),  we are telling you to under no uncertain terms stop what you are doing. if you ignore that, you can lose your privilege to play here.

The 6 hour ban is the warning - most players don't have even a single note and obey the rules fine
(04-26-2023, 03:58 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: here is the motd that shows up every single time you log in:

[Image: raWbH1b.png]

when we tell you not to do something (see: your past warning, which we are under no obligations to give),  we are telling you to under no uncertain terms stop what you are doing. if you ignore that, you can lose your privilege to play here.

The 6 hour ban is the warning - most players don't have even a single note and obey the rules fine

So what exactly is your point here? I wasn't told to stop doing something, I was booted off the server without a word.
(04-27-2023, 05:58 AM)DurkIncarnate Wrote: So what exactly is your point here?

(04-26-2023, 03:58 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: The 6 hour ban is the warning - most players don't have even a single note and obey the rules fine

(04-26-2023, 03:44 PM)DurkIncarnate Wrote: Would you not be angry if you, for the sake of this argument, called someone a bitch on the server 3 months ago, then an admin comes along and, when you say it jokingly not realising you actually said it, you get slapped with a tempban from an admin who didn't ask for context, didn't talk to you and instead just banned you from the discord without as so much as a second thought? 

I wouldn't break the rules in the first place.
I really shouldn't peanut post in other people's threads!!!!