Barent Brows - HoS Application
Usual character name: Random or Barent Brows
BYOND username:Barent
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Barent#6087
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 and 3

Reason for application: Feel like I'm finally ready, been playing for a long time.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Countless rounds as security officer, patrolling using RecordTrak and proficient in updating security records.  Decently robust with taser and stun baton.  Typically pretty lenient as far as punishment goes and have a focus on fun while still upholding Space Law.  Proficient in talking people down and de-escalation when needed, also several rounds as detective. I try to be diligent and communicative with the Security team.  I also love driving the segway and blaring the siren on occasion.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Don't be too much of a hard-ass, and try to talk people down more unless it's an immediate threat.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) I was a clown the other night, and thought for sure I was going to die.  But the Head of Security went through great length to not only resuscitate me and save my life, but also take me to the escape shuttle inside the security section to make sure I made it. 

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I'd love to spend a quieter round ticketing only inanimate objects for stupid things.

• Draw a picture!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Fairly certain I haven't been banned before, but I've been playing since 2005 so it's certainly possible.
Hello! I don't know if you play much on 1, but I would love to see more of you. I don't really recognize your name so I assume you randomname on Heisenbee? If so, then it would be cool if you could join as Barent Brows and we could do some sec rounds together!

You said you've been playing since 2005(!) so it would be awesome to have such an experienced player with us, and it would make it easier for people to come here and +1 you.

I look forward to playing with you!
Coming from an RP perspective, I've played a handful shifts with you that were unremarkable; you seemed to communicate and do the job when needed.

I'd like to see more effort put into your application. Getting the beret means you're being given a lot of trust in your ability to control the flow of a shift. This needs to be demonstrated through ingame action as well as articulated in your application - I'd like to see both before passing judgment on your suitability for HoS. You don't stick out as a troublemaker or problem (which is a great start), but simply showing up to work doesn't quite equate to getting that promotion to lead the team.
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!