Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Swaps Out Capsaicin Grenades In the Sec Vendor For Flashbangs
(05-01-2023, 10:00 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: yeah flashbangs are kinda sucky now so they'd probably make more sense - but i also think capsaicin needs a look at, it's still really insane how long it lasts / how much it disrupts you / how much it stuns you

IF YOU REMOVE IT HOW WILL I FLAVOUR MY HOT CHIPS?
I’d rather seen less grenades per box than outright removal for flash bangs.

Admittedly, I believe a lot of the security options are boring or useless. I am afraid of "What’s next? The morphine? Donuts again? NVGS? Paint rounds?" As well.

At this point I would begin to question "what purpose does the token options serve, and why would you get them?" For all the listed items. It might be time for a more broad overhaul of security loadouts, rather than doing it piece by piece.
(05-04-2023, 10:01 AM)Nerkson Wrote: I’d rather seen less grenades per box than outright removal for flash bangs.

Admittedly, I believe a lot of the security options are boring or useless. I am afraid of "What’s next? The morphine? Donuts again? NVGS? Paint rounds?" As well.

At this point I would begin to question "what purpose does the token options serve, and why would you get them?" For all the listed items. It might be time for a more broad overhaul of security loadouts, rather than doing it piece by piece.

We aren't removing them outright.
We used to allow both grenades.. but flashbangs were removed, but Capu stayed in.

In my opinion... Capu grenades are more annoying.
Flashbangs are basicly non existant in security unless the station spawns with em.

So insted... capu grenades going into the armory where the gas masks are anyway makes sense.
But right now it's a beginners trap and disrupts too much then just a flash bang.

We ain't removing capu the suggestion is: "Capu purcase is now flash bangs" and "Capu nades are going to be in the armory."
(05-04-2023, 10:38 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 10:01 AM)Nerkson Wrote: I’d rather seen less grenades per box than outright removal for flash bangs.

We aren't removing them outright.
We used to allow both grenades.. but flashbangs were removed, but Capu stayed in.

In my opinion... Capu grenades are more annoying.
Flashbangs are basicly non existant in security unless the station spawns with em.

So insted... capu grenades going into the armory where the gas masks are anyway makes sense.
But right now it's a beginners trap and disrupts too much then just a flash bang.

We ain't removing capu the suggestion is: "Capu purcase is now flash bangs" and "Capu nades are going to be in the armory."

Being move to the armory is a fairly substantial form of removal though. In my experience playing, authorizing the armory is definitely not done every round (hell, usually not even every few rounds) and the situations that required you to authorize it are dramatic. You don’t authorize to grab a single gas mask and a capsaicin grenade- you’re getting the crew equipped to kick syndicate ass, not to pepper spray a single vampire.
that skinda what my thoughts are nerk.

CC grenades are for CC. Crowds of antagonists is a very uncommon thing.

we HAVE the smoke launchers which work just as well as CC without being NEARLY as long lasting punishing or disruptive for free with 12 shots at round start. I feel like a flashbang is a good disrupting a fighter situation, where as a CC just shuts down and acts as a noobie track so is almost better served as an EMERGENCY tool then a standard issue tool. Hell if its nukies for example flashbangs do almost nothing to them anyway. or if they have the mikitary headsets, DO do nothing.
(05-05-2023, 01:53 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: we HAVE the smoke launchers which work just as well as CC without being NEARLY as long lasting punishing or disruptive for free with 12 shots at round start. I feel like a flashbang is a good disrupting a fighter situation, where as a CC just shuts down and acts as a noobie track so is almost  better served as an EMERGENCY tool then a standard issue tool. Hell if its nukies for example flashbangs do almost nothing to them anyway. or if they have the mikitary headsets, DO do nothing.

Exactly and smoke is ALREADY pretty annoying as are FOG grenades. (Like really those are essentially just very annoying and more an antag item then security one)

But Capu grenades are 10 times worst and if all of security rolls it... well you get it.
It's why I am fine with it being in armory and more limited. Security only deals with groups of antags if:
- A traitor goes with a lot mind hacks.
- Revolutionaries.
- Gangs (but they fight eachother more then security)
- Flock (but they are immune anyway)
- Wraith Summons (Same goes as flock)
- Admeme.
- A round with a lot of cyborgs and an antag goes to make em go rogue.
- Nukies.

And only 5 of those have humanoids.. with 2 of them going into high numbers. Aka the only 2 where it mostly applies. Wich is Revo's and Admeme. Nukies are high number but they are MOSTLY immune and you have all of the crew helping you too... throwing a capsu grenade is basicly more crippling for your team in the long run.

Gangs are too busy going at eachothers throat then raiding security with their fellow gangs so while it can happen... by then security is more then ready.

And Admeme is admeme, no one can prepare for admeme.

And before you say Vampires with their thralls...I will say that's very rare and thralls tend to not care about capsu since they will punch you then use tools or guns.
While the vampire might be effected by it. A thrall army didn't hit the cut for me. But if it does.. yes Capsu grenades are gonna be added to the list, but I honestly doubt Vampires can make that many thralls to warrant it before being caught.
Technically wraith summons/flock aren't immune to it, it's just that they are only affected by the on-touch effect of it when they enter the cloud of cap, cause fsr this is how critters work with chem smoke.