Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change recipe for filgrastim
The recipe for filgrastim currently calls for E Coli, which is only obtainable from the legacy virology labs, a good amount of which are currently being replaced.
Seconded, I know it's a chem that isn't used in medbay much at all but it's still something you can order off of the chemical requester despite not even being able to make it. Either that, or have another way of gathering E Coli
I thought E Coli was a secret chem.
But if it ain't working... fuck it.. put in a replacement chem.
counter-proposal: revamp the Contact CDC cargo option to custom order the few useful-outside-pathology path chems smile?
Potential replacement reagents, from more thematically consistent with E. Colli, to least consistent:

Compost, Jenkem, Vomit, Miasma, Crank, Acetaldehyde, and Simethicone.

Compost is the more obvious choice here, and I only mention Simethicone because it's rare to see people using it and this could make it see the light of day more often.
Maybe an alternate way to get E. Coli would make sense, since I think it's used in a few other chems as well?
add e. coli to food poisoning vomit patches
So I was doing some random googling on a whim as to how we'd want to re-impliment this stuff, and I've got an idea.

https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/general/index.html

"Exposures that result in illness include consumption of contaminated food, consumption of unpasteurized (raw) milk, consumption of water that has not been disinfected..."

Which made me think, with the space diner being such a run down place it may have water that isn't disinfected, or food that gives you e. coli. Either that or have the void diner have some unpasteurized milk that contains e. coli, like a variant of the rancid space milk.
i wouldnt mind it being dropped entirely to further kill pathology. you could just replace it with Heparin or something mildly complicated to make.
E.coli does not really hsve much to do with pathology, beyond being a generic disease chem, so i honestly don't see what phasing it put has to do with "further killing pathology".
Isn't pathology been dead for a few years now?

We don't have to "Phaze it out"