Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for antag-intended chef items
Hey there,

I was thinking about chef recently. While they offer great food buffs for the crew and the rest of the station, the options for antag-use weaponry, that is not traitor-locked, are kinda limited.

Besides poisoned, very deadly, food, cutlery and the gibber, there are pies you can bake all kind of nasty items in and the fire-burp food buff.

So, chef needs some new taty, nasty, antagonistic foodstuff. Some items they take a bit preparation in and then unleash upon the crew... maybe sentient foodmobs it can unleash upon people?

Anyway, i can code and sprite, but i need ideas. I call for you, 5 star syndicate chefs!
Here's a dumb idea: the Hot Doggest. A live, feral hot dog creature akin to the murdertomatoes that bites people and is generally a nuisance to anyone who doesn't have kitchen training, letting the chef fill his own kitchen with guardian mobs with some effort (if you want more than one, you'll have to make the sausages and bread yourself. not a huge challenge for the average chef, but still requires a little time and effort to mass-produce so you can't just flood the station with them ten minutes in.). Made by cramming the oven full of fully assembled hot dogs.

Will play fetch with bottles of ketchup or mustard.
(07-19-2023, 02:32 AM)fungicidal Wrote: Here's a dumb idea: the Hot Doggest. A live, feral hot dog creature akin to the murdertomatoes that bites people and is generally a nuisance to anyone who doesn't have kitchen training, letting the chef fill his own kitchen with guardian mobs with some effort (if you want more than one, you'll have to make the sausages and bread yourself. not a huge challenge for the average chef, but still requires a little time and effort to mass-produce so you can't just flood the station with them ten minutes in.). Made by cramming the oven full of fully assembled hot dogs.

Will play fetch with bottles of ketchup or mustard.

I really like this idea. Currently thinking about how to, at best, make the sausages. Maybe a recipe involving brains and/or ectoplasm? Or maybe the splashing of hot dogs with strange reagent. I think there is potential.

Edit: there are already living hot dogs! Damnit. They are not aggressive though and require some rather special conditions, though. I guess that means back to the drawing board.
You can already make deadly pizza shurikens with the pizza cutter.

But.. I think we need Syndicate Noodles wich you can be used to tie people up or choke em out. Or if consumed, needing surgery to get it out before somoene starts choking out.

Another idea is putting in a parasite in the food. Wich can have 3 effects on wich parasite.
1: Will start eating organs out of the consumer (and when the person dies it becomes a "chest bursterlike" beast and starts attacking others)
2: Will starts depeleting the thirst and food bar rapidly, making the person always hungry and thristy... until the parasite is farted out to attack it's host?
3: Mind hack parasite. THe person will get aggresive spasms and walking off, till eventually the parasite takes over the brain and the person is mind hacked.

Also more surgery counterplay YAY!
(07-19-2023, 06:27 AM)Kotlol Wrote: You can already make deadly pizza shurikens with the pizza cutter.

But.. I think we need Syndicate Noodles wich you can be used to tie people up or choke em out. Or if consumed, needing surgery to get it out before somoene starts choking out.

Another idea is putting in a parasite in the food. Wich can have 3 effects on wich parasite.
1: Will start eating organs out of the consumer (and when the person dies it becomes a "chest bursterlike" beast and starts attacking others)
2: Will starts depeleting the thirst and food bar rapidly, making the person always hungry and thristy... until the parasite is farted out to attack it's host?
3: Mind hack parasite. THe person will get aggresive spasms and walking off, till eventually the parasite takes over the brain and the person is mind hacked.

Also more surgery counterplay YAY!

Im talking explocitely non-traitor chef itens that are aimed at antags. So pizza cutter is out

But the noodles idea sound awesome.
I feel like there's all sorts of fun things we could do with Gelatin

Maybe making custom chem molds, maybe having it as a material to make bouncy armor, duplicating items, sealing them inside blocks of Jello