Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two simple ideas for the HoP pocketwatch
Lightbulb 
Number one:

Right now, it has two possible overlays (I think they're overlays) to show when opened;
- A clock face for the default clock setting
- Black with some tiny green "text" for Everything Else

this sucks. I think it would be nice if every pocketwatch setting could have its own display.

Number two:

When clicking on someone with the watch in your active hand, it says you wave it in front of their face.

Since it is a technological object, I think if you emag it, it should actually hypnotize someone - or at the very least, make them actually fall asleep, complete with You are feeling veeeeeery sleeeepyyyyy.... routine from the wielder.

I WOULD sprite the pocketwatch but I have a very deep lack of motivation right now and I don't quite know why... Also, I tried to sprite a jumpsuit and code it into the game' the PR got denied because it was a feature freeze and I didn't resubmit it before I moved computers and have to set eeeeverything back up again sad greater domestic space-bee but I WILL sprite it if someone likes this idea.
(07-20-2023, 08:23 PM)Roninnozlo Wrote: Number one:

Right now, it has two possible overlays (I think they're overlays) to show when opened;

this sucks. I think it would be nice if every pocketwatch setting could have its own display.

Number two:

When clicking on someone with the watch in your active hand, it says you wave it in front of their face.

Since it is a technological object, I think if you emag it, it should actually hypnotize someone - or at the very least, make them actually fall asleep, complete with You are feeling veeeeeery sleeeepyyyyy.... routine from the wielder.

I WOULD sprite the pocketwatch but I have a very deep lack of motivation right now and I don't quite know why... Also, I tried to sprite a jumpsuit and code it into the game' the PR got denied because it was a feature freeze and I didn't resubmit it before I moved computers and have to set eeeeverything back up again sad greater domestic space-bee but I WILL sprite it if someone likes this idea.
I love the idea of using the watch to hypnotize people but i feel like it would fit better as traitor item
(07-21-2023, 03:52 AM)Thebutler Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 08:23 PM)Roninnozlo Wrote: Number one:

Number two:

I love the idea of using the watch to hypnotize people but i feel like it would fit better as traitor item
I agree, that should be it's own traitor item. Maybe emagging it would cause it to interfere with nearby pinpointers (i don't think there are any compasses), like 20 tiles