Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Radio Host added as a "preset job"
To this day... we still don't have DJ's as a class we can start as at round start.
Yet you can always spawn as one if you want by waiting till the round start and then pressing ready and selecting it.

But some of us RPers love being the DJ... and while not always picked. It would be fun to have it in the start round rotation.

What do you guys think?
I don't see a problem with it if it's just a normal DJ, but things get a little hazy if they end up as an antag. You either run back to the station, or you stay in your hidey-hole and hope people come visit you when you ask. They could be hella fun during conspiracy rounds though.
(04-22-2023, 03:17 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I don't see a problem with it if it's just a normal DJ, but things get a little hazy if they end up as an antag. You either run back to the station, or you stay in your hidey-hole and hope people come visit you when you ask. They could be hella fun during conspiracy rounds though.

Personally I think they should have a special microphone too so they can "interview on sight" or you know stuff so they can radio from location but very limited.
No voice changers or able to play stuff.
I feel like on classic the Radio host gets ignored and only ever plays music. So from a classic point of view this would have like no worth. Idk if they made it RP only I wouldn't really care. But yeah I dont really see radio host needing to be anything more than a late join job. Plus it kinda spawns off station.
(04-22-2023, 11:57 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: I feel like on classic the Radio host gets ignored and only ever plays music. So from a classic point of view this would have like no worth. Idk if they made it RP only I wouldn't really care. But yeah I dont really see radio host needing to be anything more than a late join job. Plus it kinda spawns off station.

It's true that you can't physically impact a round for the most part, but the same could be said for anyone with the Pilot trait. Gives people the opportunity to fuck around in space with a personal home-base where you can brag to everyone about how rich and cool you are now
You could say the same about clown.. yet people wanna be the clown.
I do think Mime's should also be added to the list of jobs you can roll for the start at.
Especially with stations who have a "mime hole" too.
The radio host, like the clown, mine or chaplain, is an RP-focussed-role. We need more of them.

I also think the radio host is set up in a way mechanucally that they are able to be lifted up from late-join to full role they got a whole room, stuff to do and even on some maps their ofn satellite.
I had an idea for a antag item that would fit well here. This cost around 7 or so points. The syndi record that when played over the radio anyone who has a head set that is attuned to the radio stations frequency will begin taking damage. It also plays some creepy 20s music. It turns the round into a siege on the radio station to shut if off. Unlike other records it just keeps playing and it can be taken out by hand.
(04-29-2023, 01:49 PM)Dr simramor Wrote: I had an idea for a antag item that would fit well here. This cost around 7 or so points. The syndi record that when played over the radio anyone who has a head set that is attuned to the radio stations frequency will begin taking damage. It also plays some creepy 20s music. It turns the round into a siege on the radio station to shut if off. Unlike other records it just keeps playing and it can be taken out by hand.

Not a bad idea cept the fact that music always plays to anyone even without a headset no matter what.
But the concept sitll applies.
Well i did not want it to be too op. You get a choice either give up using the headset or stop the record. You can still hear the music like normal even without a head set. Thats just to signal its playing as it blasts deadly infrasounds over the radio.

What song should it play. It would have to be royalty free right and just instrumental music no lyrics.
i swear if radio host gets added as a preset job before the mime even becomes a preset job im gonna go insane
(05-01-2023, 05:44 AM)Jakson Wrote: i swear if radio host gets added as a preset job before the mime even becomes a preset job im gonna go insane

If it was on me asking for multiplue classes to be preset. I just figured the Radio Host has the most fun interactions on station RP wise and in Classic does give aesthics to the round despite not interacting much with the chaos.

But I do have a list of jobs that should be presetable:

- Mime (I mean there are mime holes)
- Boxers (2 for each so people can decide they wanna play fighting in the ring, staffies do it anyway)
- Coach (Probably the "head of the gym")
- Therapist (Almost every station has a therapy spot, and therapist even when not rping can be doctors.)

Though I do think a few of them needs to be tweaked a little before that.

Some I considered but fell off is:

- Tourists (They feel kinda pointless and are just fun flavoring, should remain that way)
- VIPs (Their stuncanes and command access just reak of classic problems)
- Inspectors (having these guys every round will be annoying)
- Regional Directors (See Inspectors and Research Director's will dislike being confused for them)
- Lawyers (Despite I think they should be added, I see no point in them unless they can become Faustians too)
- Union Representatives (Should be a lawyer thing)