Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make VOX a 20k SpaceBux item
I feel like the title is fairly self-explanatory for the idea but I'll reiterate here: Make VOX a reward you can buy for 20k SpaceBux for the round. If you don't get AI, it gets refunded. If you don't survive the round, you lose it.
Been suggested before.. answer was NO.
Another day another poor soul asking for VOX access
Fine. 30k
(04-21-2023, 01:28 AM)Bisar Wrote: Fine. 30k

No, even if it is 1 million.
Vox is really something that does not fit into the game and I feel it would not fit in the game as a mechanic. As an admin mechanic, it's funny, but it feels really out of place for the AI. I am strongly against this.
(04-21-2023, 10:42 AM)ImJustAStrangeMan Wrote: Vox is really something that does not fit into the game and I feel it would not fit in the game as a mechanic. As an admin mechanic, it's funny, but it feels really out of place for the AI. I am strongly against this.

Trust me... this is true. I love playing the "Godfather" chaplain from time to time and like once they gave me the tommy gun.
I didn't touch it since "HOLY!" but someone did and shot someone else with the tommy gun and "HEY EVERYBODY!"
Then the gods decided: "GO NUTS WITH THE TOMMY GUN AND GO HAM!"

Then everyone had to run from people shouting: "I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NAAAAWT!"

And how much I like this... I don't want it as an item to be easily obtained but admeme only.
50k is my final offer
Don't want to be a stick in the mud, but giving more people the ability to use the VOX seems like a bad idea. I already don't trust the admins with it, and if we're implementing a feature that causes me to hear "amogus" or "sus" even more than usual, then I think we're making a bad design decision.

If the VOX could be muted via an option in the option's menu, then I'd be ambivalent about this.
(04-20-2023, 02:06 PM)Bisar Wrote: I feel like the title is fairly self-explanatory for the idea but I'll reiterate here: Make VOX a reward you can buy for 20k SpaceBux for the round. If you don't get AI, it gets refunded. If you don't survive the round, you lose it.

I thought this was for the bird species on other codebases... frown
It's been suggested before. It's actually a horrible idea. Some people will drive it into the fucking ground, even if you put a cooldown on it they'll find a way to make it annoying.

Add VOX as a spacebux purchase and by day 3 there'll be a riot demanding it be removed.
I'd only like vox if it had a 10 minute cool down and they had to pick.from simple phrases

Biohazzard in Science, Security
VOX but only for eggs.
(04-25-2023, 03:43 AM)Mouse Wrote: VOX but only for eggs.

EGG!
no