Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make voice changers usuable by monkeys
The traitor voice changer isn't very useful for monkeys it turns out, as it doesn't act like a translator and cannot be put into one. This means the only people that can see you speaking with your disguise ID are fellow monkeys, which are usually at 0-2 per shift. Would be neat if either the voice changer itself acted as a translator or if you could just slot it into one.
Making the voice changer work like a translator is a good idea. Although wouldn't it be obvious on examine?

On the other hand, if you use the voice changer, you need a face concealing helmet anyway.
I like to re-itterate that monkeys are ment to be clunky in design due to their design philosophy.

While you can pick being a monkey... it's similiar in picking being a clown or Mime.
You just have certain things "in the way"

The only difference is Monkeys can jump over tables easily and go into mail chutes (and in other code bases crawl into vents)

So any quality of life changes to monkeys like these can go against the philosophy of "Mmmh monkey silly"
BUT... this is for an antagonist item and well...
I see no problem into it being a translater. Also can't you use the voice changer into a helmet then wear a translator? Was that changed?
(04-20-2023, 03:19 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I like to re-itterate that monkeys are ment to be clunky in design due to their design philosophy.

While you can pick being a monkey... it's similiar in picking being a clown or Mime.
You just have certain things "in the way"

The only difference is Monkeys can jump over tables easily and go into mail chutes (and in other code bases crawl into vents)

So any quality of life changes to monkeys like these can go against the philosophy of "Mmmh monkey silly"
BUT... this is for an antagonist item and well...
I see no problem into it being a translater. Also can't you use the voice changer into a helmet then wear a translator? Was that changed?

I believe this is different than asking for QoL like translators and internals for non-traitor monkeys, as the mechanic here essentially makes one of the most popular RP traitor items obsolete for monkey players. That being said I had no clue you could put them into helmets, I wonder if it's the same for wigs. Silly of me if both of those work, but I would like to have the voice changer AND a wig and I don't see wigs holding them.
i think this would be fair and in line with the traitor clown mask allowing for internals
As a fervent supporter of RP monkeys, anything that gets us closer to having translators be slotted into cosmetics gets an upvote from me. Making voice changers just act as translators on top of their original functionality seems like an easy solution.
(05-03-2023, 01:26 PM)Glamurio Wrote: As a fervent supporter of RP monkeys, anything that gets us closer to having translators be slotted into cosmetics gets an upvote from me. Making voice changers just act as translators on top of their original functionality seems like an easy solution.

Returning to this topic. Let's change some things to the voice changer.

"TRANSLATE TO OTHER LANGUAGES AND DYLECTS!"
You know like the voice changer panel in the radio station?

Have the voice changer able to be set to talk martian, monkey, binary and such.
But also accents as well as auto translate.

It would make it's RP much more interresting and on classic a fun way to throw people off!
There's an on-going large scale rework of the speech system in the game, because it's, to put it mildly "not very good". Perhaps this could be added on the bucket list of things once that rework is done, I can't see anyone doing this beforehand. But the idea of the voice changer being usable for different dialects is cool.
Voice changers would be useless for monkeys for the same reason they're useless for hunters.

Monkeys chimper.  If a monkey is talking, you know it's a monkey, even if it's wearing a translator.
(05-06-2023, 05:01 AM)Mouse Wrote: Voice changers would be useless for monkeys for the same reason they're useless for hunters.

Monkeys chimper.  If a monkey is talking, you know it's a monkey, even if it's wearing a translator.

Personally as a monkey player I wouldn't be using a voice changer to fool people into thinking I'm not a monkey. Voice changers are most often used to don a funny persona to go with your theme, with an agent card and gas mask. At least from what I've seen.
(05-06-2023, 05:01 AM)Mouse Wrote: Monkeys chimper.  If a monkey is talking, you know it's a monkey, even if it's wearing a translator.

This is something you can work around with code, presumably.

Anyway I don't see why not? I suppose it'd be harder to pin down who's using it though.
(05-06-2023, 09:43 AM)Cal Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 05:01 AM)Mouse Wrote: Monkeys chimper.  If a monkey is talking, you know it's a monkey, even if it's wearing a translator.

This is something you can work around with code, presumably.

Anyway I don't see why not? I suppose it'd be harder to pin down who's using it though.

I think that's the point of voice changers to begin with.

While used for stuff like "Syndicate persona's"

It would be funnier to pretend to be others.. or changelings case.. pretend to be the captain, HoS and such. Though that one feels inconsitent in my opinion.