Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to remove reagents from plants?
Title says it all. I've heard rumors that there is a way for botanists to remove certain reagents from their plants, but I haven't actually been able to substantiate those claims in any way. Obviously, no discussing secret content here, but I'd just like an indication of whether or not it's possible.

Part of Botany's balancing is that there is no way (or no easy way) to get plants with pure chemicals in them, despite that being something a lot of newer players have asked me to show them. I'd like to be able to give a definitive answer to them. Also, if there is no way to remove certain reagents from plants, secret or not, we should consider adding that in as a semi-secret or difficult to access feature, as it would buff certain plant splices and mutations and allow for greater creative freedom when it comes to plant splices.
Hmm, the only way to remove reagents from plants is by using the reagent extractor, far as I know. Maybe that's what they were asking about if they are new to botany? It'll be like a white console in botany, simply slap your plant inside and hit extract. Then you can isolate certain chems that you wanna use for other projects.
They might be thinking of the TG botanical shears which can remove reagents and plant traits, but that is not an item here on Goon!
(04-18-2023, 01:14 PM)Bazhaar Wrote: Hmm, the only way to remove reagents from plants is by using the reagent extractor, far as I know. Maybe that's what they were asking about if they are new to botany? It'll be like a white console in botany, simply slap your plant inside and hit extract. Then you can isolate certain chems that you wanna use for other projects.

Not quite, no. I mean removing reagents from a plant's produce itself - venne without charcoal, cherry without cherry juice, that sort of thing. It would be a feature along the lines of what Shiiba said regarding TG's botanical shears. I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in Goonstation Botany, so if this were a feature already, it'd be hidden or secret.
Quote:Not quite, no. I mean removing reagents from a plant's produce itself - venne without charcoal, cherry without cherry juice, that sort of thing. It would be a feature along the lines of what Shiiba said regarding TG's botanical shears. I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in Goonstation Botany, so if this were a feature already, it'd be hidden or secret.

Oh yeah 100% this is TG's botanical shears. They are a super neat and fun tool but yeah, not something on Goon.