Clyde Montgomery - Head of Security Application
(04-19-2023, 07:32 PM)Hauntmachine Wrote: While you are often a joy to see in security, I have noticed that you have the tendency to let your emotions get the better of you, and affect your actions and demeanor in-game in a negative way. While security is obviously a job that can be stressful at times, it's important that you keep your cool, as failing to do so will often have a poor effect on the rest of the team. This is even more important for an HoS, whom the rest of security will look to for guidance and stability. As it stands, I sadly cannot as of this time say that I have confidence in your ability to keep your emotions in check and be a stabilizing force for security in-round.

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. If I'm being honest, nobody else has told me that before! 

I'll admit, some things do affect me during rounds, that's true. I slip up sometimes when I try to keep a cool head, which has happened a couple of times as of the last several rounds, which I have addressed during those moments to communicate that there are no negative feelings expressed toward others. Any negative emotions I may have is due to my own misfortunes and misplays. I have never expressed my negativity toward anyone else. This is something I will always assert.  

Despite my slip-ups, I have done, and will continue to do my absolute best to not let emotions affect how I currently play. I will assert that all of my qualms are typically expressed after the round (if I express them at all), and even then, I make sure to communicate to others that what has been affecting me is not anyone's fault but my own. 

I unfortunately cannot help the negative emotions that may come up, as I cannot anticipate when depression strikes, but I am aware that I can be considerate of others when I express how I felt about a round, regardless of my emotional state. I had thought I was doing well in that regard, but it seems I may have been strictly mistaken, as per your feedback. 

I will admit that my recent rounds have been frustrating, as I noticed you have observed, and I hope that those rounds have not fully made up your mind on how I typically play the game on a regular basis. 

I acknowledge that this may be an issue that I have not tried hard enough to fix. Going forward, I will make sure to hold my tongue on any poor experiences, and focus fully on how everyone else had a good time to ensure that I do not enable any emotionally unhealthy environments. I will try my hardest to regain your confidence in my ability to keep the round a positive environment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clyde Montgomery - Head of Security Application - by SirSwagmeyer - 04-19-2023, 08:53 PM