Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobified critters need some toning down
Presently things are bettrr but a bit too much.  Mob wasps have 60 hp but inject 20u histamine  a second. Mimicks can blind for 3 minutes.  Bears can install stun for 2. Bears and brulbars have so much hp dealing with them, since their attacks are instant, had become luvk bsded since they can take a full 10 shots of an rp4 to finish off.

I'm fine with thr tankiness. But right now the insta stuns. Which stack, are just obnoxious.
All I'll add to this is: FUCK. SCORPIONS.
Atlas is really bad with this as there are quite a few space spiders in the maints
Personally I dont see a issue. I think its a good thing that they are stronger. Before you could literally Egun shoot about 8 Wasps at a time with 1 shot. Brubars could be practically 1 shot with flamers and would pretty much never kill anyone. and lets not forget the fact that pretty much all of them can be stun crit almost immediately by even punching. I like the small challenge they pose now instead of just being a mandatory thing that I should kill. Tho I wish they removed the spider inside clown hole in atlas, that aint fair with the instant 50% hp that it gives any clown on atlas.
I'm not sure any of their actual stats got changed? Haven't checked
(04-17-2023, 12:55 AM)Cal Wrote: I'm not sure any of their actual stats got changed? Haven't checked

I think it's more of an issue that they will instantly use their abilities as soon as the cooldown is done, some of the cooldown had players in mind, I think there should be a mob variant of lower cooldown abilities with higher cooldown so they don't stunlock you into oblivion, also the space spiders on Atlas should be removed since they now instantly aggro on you. Martian mutabts have this problem as well, it's suicide now to attack them without a ranged weapon because of theor utterly stupid and unfun gib attack that they will instantly start casting right after they stun you, giving you about 1-2 seconds to get out of their line of sight before they end your round
I think the new AI overhaul made movs a real threat now, which i like. Some could need some adjustments in cooldowns.

In geberal, they got more agressive and responsive
So I unironically find bears and brullbars easier to fight than before, more consistent, y'know.

HOWEVER, I do agree with you specifically on one mob in particular.
Say hello to the hellspawn that is the scorpion.

A resilient mob with not only a knockdown AND bleeding, but a fancy neurotoxin (might actually have been nerfed to neurodepressant) sting! Oh what's that? You just got lucky because you survived a traitor shooting security? Well time to end your round because you stumbled upon four scorpions. Oh you are that same traitor escaping when things turned bad for you? Time to deadchat with your victims.

And of course, they would be fine... If they didn't spawn at random in the damn hallways and maints, in groups more often than not, without any special event or big warning about the dangers of stumbling into maintenance as if you were walking right into an AZone.
(04-17-2023, 12:55 AM)Cal Wrote: I'm not sure any of their actual stats got changed? Haven't checked

Its the hp. Its significantly higher now which can make fighting them very frustrating
(04-17-2023, 03:30 AM)mralexs Wrote:

I think it's more of an issue that they will instantly use their abilities as soon as the cooldown is done, some of the cooldown had players in mind, I think there should be a mob variant of lower cooldown abilities with higher cooldown so they don't stunlock you into oblivion, also the space spiders on Atlas should be removed since they now instantly aggro on you. Martian mutabts have this problem as well, it's suicide now to attack them without a ranged weapon because of theor utterly stupid and unfun gib attack that they will instantly start casting right after they stun you, giving you about 1-2 seconds to get out of their line of sight before they end your round

The martian gib attack is actually its intended behavior, but it was broken before. Considering the loot that ship in particular has, I see no problem with you needing to actually plan ahead and know what you're going up against.
Also, they did that when they were object critters as well, so there's that
i was able to murder a space bear pretty easily last night, but i did notice that upon removing an arm from its corpse the entire body disappeared
i think the key thing is that they -instantly- fight back. I regularly butcher critters and scorpions as chef, and they get a sting/bite/tackle in immediately as you do the double-swing that kills them.
okay bears have 100 hp, illegdly, I still think spawning them to check might be needed, it feels like its possible its giving them standard mob hp then 100 additional hp, but I guess maybe not?

Big issue is with scorpions, 60 hp is a loot for something that spawns 3-5

Snakes spawn in groups of 3

Fermids, Space bears, and mimics can chain stun/blind you

The hell portal events with the mobified critters seem to just...spawn to many. they're all buffed up and stuff now. I get we wanna have a fight but anymore when one of these portals happen it takes like 20+ minutes to clear them out, and the securitrons are STILL a huge issue especally since there's multiple monsters that can stunlock you then they cuff you and you can't even fight back anymore.
ok yeah im starting to feel it

i sprinted by a snake and i didnt realize i got bitten until i noticed i was leaking copious amounts of blood
(04-16-2023, 03:22 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Mob wasps have 60 hp but inject 20u histamine  a second.

I'm fine with thr tankiness. But right now the insta stuns. Which stack, are just obnoxious.
Wasps are still object crittters with 10 HP and their mob versions (without AI) only have 20 HP.

Mob critters have stuns because without them they would be much weaker and struggle to kill people, most are already slower than the average player walking and therefore are incredibly weak to any ranged weapons and pretty much all of them can be stunlocked with just a toolbox (Even the king brullbar!). Some like brullbars also need a target to be stunned to use other abilities.

I have been the one mobifiying a lot of these critters though and the developers have also expressed concerns about their strength when it comes to spawns on station. Ive been meaning to make adjustments to wraith brullbar spawns at the least but the whole spawner with mobs needs a rework anyway due to it being made for objects.