Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CE Plasma-Axe
Wink 
Gives CE a plasma-axe in his locker on spawn. The plasma axe could be viewed as an equivalent to the breaching hammer, or as a VERY nerfed version of the fire axe nukie pyro's get. Dealing 12 damage with a faster attack when one handed and 20 with a slow attack when two handed with a damage bonus against doors, it can be used to effectively break down or lever open doors or to defend engineering from staff assistants trying to get insuls. 
 If you are feeling savvy as a CE, you can replace the head of the axe with a custom material that will increase how fast it can break down doors, or give a very small human damage upgrade.
I am against adding something like this for 3 reasons:

1st, the CE already has the RCD so they really do not need another way to break airlocks.

2nd, 20 damage is quite a bit of melee damage and I feel it would be hard to balance.

3rd, Giving the CE a weapon to "defend" against tiders is a bad idea as this encourages violence as a response to a petty crime.
Imo I think the idea is kinda neat but matsci is always ehhhhh so idk and also giving out a free weapon is kinda ehhh

If this is added however: add a traitor item that attaches like a module that significantly buffs the damage, and allow the usage of a superheated/supercooled plasma tank (heat regulated by weapon??? maybe?) that can effect the beahavior of the weapon - eg. supercooled has a chance to freeze (in an ice block) the enemy (scaling chance to tempurature) or for a special attack cause floors in front to become slippery, and superheated cauterises cuts, however has the potienial to cause the enemy to catch on fire (scaling chance to tempurature) or for a special attack makes a short throw flamethrower.