Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds a new traitor item: The Visicar Armblade
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Adds a new traitor item for all jobs (or just miners). The Visicar a blade which attaches and detaches from your arm and only works while attached. Most of the information is in the design doc: https://hackmd.io/@Cheffie/BySba82Z2

Why's this needed?
Traitor item variety ! The 3 rampage items ( or 4 if redsaw is counted ) all have their quirks and uniqueness but we’ve all used them plenty, perhaps a new one would help mix things up especially with a different damage type than brute.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Cheffie & Vispectra
(*)The syndicate have been spotted outfitting their agents with a new weapon

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
YES MORE ANTAG ITEMS i am always on board for that and i do love the idea here
it wants to be two things at once, but not in a way that is interesting (sword that does fire, shield without disarm) and takes up design space for what I think are two much cooler ideas by themselves (flame weapon, heavy shield)

honestly given the sprites i'd be more for pushing it directly down the 'flame weapon' path and adding some actual interesting flame mechanics, rather than just "+1 sledgehammer of fire" - perhaps it spits fire into 3 adjacent tiles behind everyone hit (so the inevitable vigilante mob that forms around antags can get mowed down too, without you losing the weapon)

given that, there'd be good space for a purely defensive heavy shield, but it'd just be cramming two interesting traitor weapons into one.
Tarm already said my thoughts. It's a c saber attached to a barrier with less counter play. Not exactly thrilled.
Im always for antag item variety especially rampage ones