Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes crit alert from health implants
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED] [GAME OBJECTS]

About the PR
Removes the crit alert from health implants.

Why's this needed?
See #13103
Sister/alternative pr to #13680

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(*)Health implants no longer send alerts when someone is in crit.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I think that notifying of crit is the biggest part of using a health implant in the first place. If you're already scanned in, what's the point of a health implant other than having medbay/sec bring your stuff back to your freshly cloned body? It also lets medbay get outa their little playpen and really let em know when shit's hitting the fan if there's multiple alerts back to back.

Also yada yada puritan likes them yadda yadda
yeah i mean if you take away that like you've already taken away from it then what exactly is the point of using it
Health implants also provide you detailed health information of the four damage types and report your current health to your medical record.
perhaps if this was added the medical record health values should be more accessible, PDA app or computer? I like the idea of both this and the sister PR but I think this one would need some changes in other places if it was merged.
Changes I would make:
- For crit alerts, it requires your PDA to have "Health Implant" program installed and scanned to yours so it can send out an alert. Sec and Docs have it standard.
I was thinking the medical records program for that. So something they don't wanna give up. But if their implant is linked to their PDA, the PDA will send out the message to other medical record users saying "Person implant is dieing in XYZ" PER the PDA's GPS. This way the GPS of the PDA is used and thus you can fake the signal by tossing the PDA somewhere else of your victim.

If the PDA doesn't have the program. All it will say is: "Unregistered Implant #12345 has detected a critical state"
No name, No gps. Thus it can be more detectiving to find out wich ID you have in the medical records. Since the implant needs Medical records and a personal PDA to be tied to it.

- Implants should show if someone has an allergy but only if scanned by a medical scanner or PDA. And I do mean the fully upgraded scanner.
If we're removing the beeps... buff it to make medbay's job easier insted of finding out: "Ooh they are allergic to our treatment and are still dieing"

- Special implants for security officers.
Let's be real.. this PR is a nerf to security so you can easily isolate a security officer, kill em and jack their shit.
Sure you can still TRACK their gear with the tracker, but it allows an antag to have security stuff for free for a longer time.
So either there will be a sec-med Implant that does everything the old one does if suggestion of PDA linking ain't done.
And no.. security cannot purcase more Sec-med implants for the time being unles they buy a full gear outfit with tokens. That's when they get one.
After all.. the most important members of the station shouldn't be "stealth killed so easily"
It's shown the devs don't want antags to fight security straight up and should avoid them or when they fight em... to be very prepared.

And thats my suggestions then straight up removal.
(04-15-2023, 12:41 AM)Katzen Wrote: Health implants also provide you detailed health information of the four damage types and report your current health to your medical record.

i mean i can also just carry a health scanner in my bag for that. i don't think people really check medical records much besides to see if somebody is puritan or not. being able to tell at a glance is alright and all but removing coords and now the notifications/delaying them is rapidly removing any of the value from these implants
I made both of these prs as they were suggested in my original sec implant pr. I don't think that both will get in, as that would indeed be a heavy nerf.
See PR comments