Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Mining and Artifact Lab
Currently miners are not very interesting because they are not really attached to the rest of the station, and artifact lab is less interesting because there isn't a major supply of artifacts.

I recommend setting up a 'gateway' in artifact lab to mining. A semi-permanent portal that consumes large amounts of power to leave running and directly and instantly connects mining and artifact research.

This would make mining more interesting because of scientists showing up (and being able to show up).

This would make artifact research maybe used ever, though I also feel that needs refinements, because I have yet to figure out how to investigate artifacts at any reasonable rate.
Miners can beam artifacts around with cargo teleporters, no need for large portals.
Can does not mean will.
Likewise granting scientists access to mining allows them to forcibly take artifacts mining has recovered.

Also you are completely discounting the value of just making the game more interesting by connecting these locations.
Scientists going out of their way to fetch / research artifacts? MMMM HMM...

Artlab has more fundamental problems than the supply of artifacts, I'd say.
Spy_Guy Wrote:Scientists going out of their way to fetch / research artifacts? MMMM HMM...

Artlab has more fundamental problems than the supply of artifacts, I'd say.

This.
If artifacts had a greater range of functionality, accessibility and usefulness, miners would make an active effort to transport it to scientists where they know scientists will actually put effort into them (because miners are nice guys). Right now they're a bit under-developed. I'd post a big long list of things that could improve artlab like, including seperating different activation methods and levels of difficulty depending on the type of artifact, but it's not the thread.

..also there's a podbay in artlab.
I think we can all agree art lab needs work.

Does anyone feel that this connection would make the map worse?
Does anyone feel it is important for mining to be as isolated as it is?

This isn't about art lab so much as it is about connecting underused locations to help make things interesting.
RoboTek Wrote:I think we can all agree art lab needs work.

Does anyone feel that this connection would make the map worse?
Does anyone feel it is important for mining to be as isolated as it is?

This isn't about art lab so much as it is about connecting underused locations to help make things interesting.

Art lab has a pod bay already. They could just travel back and forth in a miniputt if they felt the need. I don't see that a two way teleportal would add anything to either mining or artlab.

Two artifacts spawn in the art lab, one spawns in the routing department and, one can spawn in the electrical substation attached to the jazz lounge. I think there are a couple of other spawn points for them here and there.
Artlab placed at the mining station/adjacent asteroid