Complaint Grifflez | Conduct | Goonstation 3: Morty | 4/13/2022 | 00:00 EST
Game Context
I was on Goon 3 near the end of the round, on the shuttle. During the round, I had an arm replaced with a brullbar arm. An escape pod comes up on the side of the ship and the airlock was bolted. I punched the window next to it in an attempt to help the individual get inside and the window instantly breaks. I did not know that brullbar arms could do this instantly, and once the person was safely in, I excitedly and impulsively broke the rest of the windows (not the grilles) on the shuttle knowing this would have no effect on air pressure. I was not an antagonist, so this was inappropriate for me to do and I shouldn't have done it. I was violating rule 1 of the Roleplay server, and I make no claims otherwise.

Admin Contact
Following the end of the round, Grifflez reached out to me. Here is a record of our first correspondence. I was pretty taken aback by their aggressive attitude towards me, especially given the circumstances. I also tested and reaffirmed with a friend that the shuttle does not depressurize, so I'm not sure what prompted them to say otherwise or what elicited the aggressiveness in their messages.

[Image: image.png]

I sent them a follow-up message and received an equally aggressive response.

[Image: image.png?width=535&height=133]
[Image: image.png]

I am guilty of acting out of character, and I would understand addressing me like this in an in-character situation. But from an administrator reaching out to a player this doesn't feel appropriate, especially considering I in no way escalated the discussion. I have been contacted by admins on Goon in the past and those experiences have been fairly pleasant and civil. I noticed that Grifflez has been here since 2015, and I can respect how long they have been here. But I don't think that their veteran or administrative statuses should have any weight regarding how one community member treats another.

Closing
In summary, rule 2 of the General GameĀ Rules states "admins will try to treat you with basic respect", and I do not think that this was offered to me.

Regarding how I'm hoping my complaint, no permanent action was taken against me and I am not at a loss over what happened. I still respect Grifflez as both an admin and person. I would not expect nor want their administration privileges revoked over this if that were even on the table. I just want some acknowledgement that this scenario was inappropriately handled.

Addendum to final paragraph. "Regarding how I'm hoping my complaint is handled..."
NO PEANUT POSTING.
You got a stern warning because this was not your first time doing something unreasonable on the RP server.

There is a difference between being stern and being aggressive/abusive and it is perfectly acceptable for warnings to be stern.

I personally believe the scenario was handled appropriately.

Have a nice day.
Just as a second admin who has viewed the logs of the exchange, I do not believe that grifflez conduct was unnecessarily aggressive or untoward. Being asked "why the hell did you do x" is a 3 out of 5 on the scale of stern-ness.

Don't think there's much else to come of this. You got a stern warning, and have expressed your discontent at the tone in which said warning was given. The staff does not believe Grifflez acted poorly in this incident.