Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improved Power Grid
Currently there is 0 use or real effect for these crazy high-end engine burns that people manage.

I propose: SMES cells and power cells can forcibly be given power at a faster rate than is normally possible when the grid is super-charged.

The rate increases as it hits high levels, and at these levels power cells can increase to a maximum of 200% capacity.
After they hit 200% capacity they explode.

This means running the ultimate engine would potentially explode the primary SMES cells, and if an engineer hooked up the main grid directly to the engine, then APCs all over the ship would begin exploding from massive overloads.
I don't think apc's are fixable when blown. So how about fuses poping with a little bang, that can be fixable and easily replaced in the apc interface, like adding a ID to a computer.
Yesterday, someone wired the engine right into the power grid with a big amount of power on it. Touching the doors that were shocked would blow your limbs off and instantly kill you or turn you to ashes. Is that a new effect? I never mess with engineering. More stuff like that would be cool though.
Ali0en Wrote:Yesterday, someone wired the engine right into the power grid with a big amount of power on it. Touching the doors that were shocked would blow your limbs off and instantly kill you or turn you to ashes. Is that a new effect? I never mess with engineering. More stuff like that would be cool though.

It's done this for a while.
Tteckk Wrote:I don't think apc's are fixable when blown. So how about fuses poping with a little bang, that can be fixable and easily replaced in the apc interface, like adding a ID to a computer.

They're fixable.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Construction#Fixing_bombed_APCs
Well, this is more about the super-charging than the direct hookup idea.

The core thing here is that I think pro burns should do something (preferably) beneficial. As it stands now they are just a waste of fuel for a short-lived blaze of glory that benefits nobody.