Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Shambler Absorb "progressive"
So basically I was thinking how annoying it is as a shambler to start devouring someone only to have them grab you and get out of the devour without any hint of being devoured and getting straight back to beating the ling or dragging others out of its devour. Pretty much what im suggesting here is that the devour option for the shambler will rip off limbs when its happening until they get devoured. (sorta like a Space Yeti). The less limbs a person has the quicker the Devour. This would make repeat Devour attempts on a person quicker and make it so people would actively avoid the Shambler in fear of losing their limbs if not their life as even if they escape alive they take a huge hit, Forcing them to robotics (woo robotics getting more things to do).

Yeah that's about it thanks. Reason for this idea is that Shamblers are weak as hell at actually killing anyone considering anyone can go up and either grab the shambler or the person they are eating and instantly deny it any chance of getting DNA, therefore Shambler for alot of people is seen more as a escape method than it is a Hulking beast used for Combat and getting quick devours. This change would therefore make it so if a shambler manages to get someone to being 0.1 seconds away from being Devoured a "nugget". and therefore out of the fight.

Additional Idea I had for this but Thought that perhaps it would tip the balance too much
- Limb absorbs from the progressive devour give 1-2 DNA as well as removing them from the target
Morty
I would suggest to make devour not get cancelled by moving the shambler. That way, dhoving or grabbing the shambler does not cancel absorb.
(04-11-2023, 02:21 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I would suggest to make devour not get cancelled by moving the shambler. That way, dhoving or grabbing the shambler does not cancel absorb.

Thats also A nice idea. It could easily work. one of my main issues with shambler is that You cant attack or move while eating so If anyone is around you, you have to force stop devouring to defend yourself. Yeah I like this idea. being able to move or atleast attack while devouring would make things a lot better (and make them not able to be grabbed)
(04-11-2023, 03:12 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 02:21 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I would suggest to make devour not get cancelled by moving the shambler. That way, dhoving or grabbing the shambler does not cancel absorb.

Thats also A nice idea. It could easily work. one of my main issues with shambler is that You cant attack or move while eating so If anyone is around you, you have to force stop devouring to defend yourself. Yeah I like this idea. being able to move or atleast attack while devouring would make things a lot better (and make them not able to be grabbed)

The shambler can attack during eating, just not the player in control of the shambler.. but it's hivemind companions.
They can shoot acid everywhere!

What the shambler COULD use is maybe some functions being used by other players in the hivemind like the acid spitters. But eh.
Cut off their arms and they literally can't escape
also when can we make shamblers ungrabbable cause it doesnt make sense that Staffie McGee is able to just grab a 500 pound mass of flesh and run off the shuttle with it
(04-11-2023, 04:45 AM)Jakson Wrote: also when can we make shamblers ungrabbable cause it doesnt make sense that Staffie McGee is able to just grab a 500 pound mass of flesh and run off the shuttle with it

This has been brought up several times. Like if you grab a shambler it eats your hand.
(04-11-2023, 04:45 AM)Jakson Wrote: also when can we make shamblers ungrabbable cause it doesnt make sense that Staffie McGee is able to just grab a 500 pound mass of flesh and run off the shuttle with it

staff assistants are just built different

though to be fair shuttle abominations are so tired. i have never once seen a shuttle wipe. just them instantly getting dogpiled, maybe eating 1 or 2 people unfortunate to be directly next to them before getting lit on fire/turned into swiss cheese/beaten like a pinata