Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
could just be a matter of time-limiting wirehopping to like 10 seconds and putting a short cooldown on it. at least then you can't go through six different access-locked doors without coming up to take a breath.
(04-11-2023, 06:24 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: could just be a matter of time-limiting wirehopping to like 10 seconds and putting a short cooldown on it. at least then you can't go through six different access-locked doors without coming up to take a breath.

i think making it work more like a voltron is something the design wasn't ment for...

BUT it's the better option. Just a fixed cost of energy and 10 seconds of it with a small 3 second cooldown should balance it out nicely and force the arcfiend to plan ahead, wich makes for more exicting gameplay for security and arcfiend.
(04-11-2023, 05:33 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: 1: if this worked we'd see it actually being done, but arcfiends will zap through a department in 3 seconds

2: this whole thread is about how sec teams i manage are very clearly frustrated and bored by arcfiends...and as far as i can see, nobody disagrees.

1. plans take time to enact; for the same reason im not bothered by wire snipping and having to play it smart, i dont mind spending 5 minutes asking for help from a department and putting in a little elbow grease to set a trap. wrt access being a problem, AIs can be very helpful in chasing down arcfiends, especially since arcfiends will target the AI, which does actually bring them into confrontation with a player. i guess i see this very differently from a lot of people in the thread; it's strategic to me and i enjoy that. others don't. i've killed arcfiends as nonsec on request, sec people just need to make their needs known.

2. this is me disagreeing with the sentiment that changing the way wirehopping works will change the manner of gameplay in a way that is significantly enjoyable. i don't find arcfiends my favorite antag to play against, but like...the game is repetitive. people are going to do the same things over and over again. it can get boring.

(04-11-2023, 06:08 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: Or sec tearing the floor off. Which then means sec needs to carry insuls and hacking tools, basically,  which we are strongly encouraged to not do.

if you know you have an arcfiend, why would it be discouraged to have at least cutters and a crowbar. whether you allow yourself to have those tools or not after knowing there's an arcfiend is a personal choice about how much you have your characters know about arcfiend abilities.

if an arcfiend is wasting 40 minutes of your time damaging station infrastructure and by all means shows no signs of changing their patterns, im sure that can be followed by a justified execution. we all do it differently but one hos told me they calculate sentences by halving the amount of time a criminal spent wasting their time. 20 minutes in the brig is outpaced by the respawn timer, so at least for me, i would consider an execution to be kinder to that player.
That line about what the hos said, that blew my mind....this is...honestly amazing and sort of actually made me feel so much better about some stuff that has had to happen before. Maybe I just need to start putting a harsher foot down when an antagonist wants to be confrontational but also refuses to confront.
maybe have there be an item called like nerves system discharger implant. This makes it to where as an archfeind you can't store up energy. Kinda like the muzzle for a vamp. That way there no longer a big danger but you don't need to kill them. It can be removed using surgery. But good luck getting a doctor to do that for you.