Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flesh-Creep
Tongue 
The flesh creep is a very rare event, occurring 30 minutes into a round. Spawning in dark areas such as maintenance, a flesh node will be placed will slowly start spreading growth from itself, infecting everything around it and turning it into flesh. Walls will become fleshy, chairs will become meatbags, and items will be coated in flesh. If it eats any corpses, its spread speed increases, with its spreading speed initially being like a much slower kudzu. A few minutes after the flesh creep has spawned in, an announcement that tells the crew about the creep will play. The creep has no player control, but it will eventually start to grow buds from its growths which will fall off and grow into a specialized creature. These creatures can be two random variations, a maintainer form which can repair flesh and grow new nodes, and a hunter form which does as its name implies and hunts down threats. Hunters can get stronger the more they eat, with their favorite meal being (of course), people. The creep can also occasionally spawn harmless NPC creatures that scuttle around eating whatever garbage they find.

The creep is VERY weak to fire, due to being all fleshy. Flamethrowers and the like are very effective in clearing out the flesh it creates, and at destroying the creatures it spawns (note that candles are not effective at stopping its growth). Interestingly, the creep also makes for good chicken feed, with chickens ravenously eating all creep they see. The node makes a noise similar to a heartbeat, and the creeps spread makes the same noise as when you throw a slab of meat, making them VERY noticeable. Killing a particularly strong hunter awards you with its hide, which when put on your clothes allows you to freely travel through the creep.
This sounds neat but I would put a cap on how much it can grow, kudzu can grow forever(i think) but its not a dangerous thing
I'm all aboard for adding the Wall of Flesh to Goon +1
That's just an ai controlled flockmind. Also it all meat so fire would not burn it well because its full of water. What would work well is cutting it.
I like vita carnis.too.

But that said, kudzu is allready incredibly irritating, having naturally generating kudzu just sounds distracting
Here's an idea for flesh creep.
It needs to "eat flesh" to speed up spreading.

Humans and monkeys speed it up significantly, but things like mouses, roaches and the like will feed it faster too.

Now there is an interactive element to the flesh creep and ways to experiment with it,but in reverse... any critters will now have to be taken care of by janitorial duties.
Have flesh creep replace pink kudzu and I'm on-board.