Deepti Kaur Mentor Application
Usual character name: Deepti Kaur
BYOND username: Datura_discolor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): maybe_not#8048
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic Heisenbee (rip Bombini my beloved)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I have been playing on Goonstation 1 Classic Heisenbee and it's now defunct sibling station Goonstation 2 Classic Bombini for years now. I think I initially started playing in maybe 2017? Apparently I have over 800 hours now which is an insane amount of time. In that time I have accrued a lot of random knowledge about so many of the various game mechanics and such, including but not limited to: mechcomp, botany, chemistry, telescience, artifact research, medical, janitorial services, engineering (mostly the singularity engine, but also Oshan's terrible geothermal engine, as well as recently learning the intricacies of pipe burns on the thermoelectric generator), crime, etc. Even with everything I have learned, there is still much that I don't know, but I do have a lot of knowledge to share. I want to teach other players the joys of this silly spaceman game, but don't always have the chance to in-game, either because I am absorbed in my own project, or the demands of keeping the space station running mean I have to go attend to some problem or other. To me one of the  best things about this game is the depth of the mechanics involved and the excitement of learning them, but sometimes that takes a little help from someone who has already been there. Mentors have been really important to me as a player, when I am stuck on some part of something I am trying to do, or just something that should seem really intuitive turns out to be more difficult and I just need a hint. I would like to be a mentor because I want to help other players learn, and to contribute to this irreverent, silly, ultimately wonderful community in some way. Also I want that nice purple color on my OOC chat 😎

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got banned for 30 minutes once for calling the shuttle 30 seconds into the shift.
Seen this dude in game teaching people how to engineer. +1
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-07-04. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!