Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
mafia roundtype
ive been thinking about this for a while and i think it would be an interesting sort of antag type, a direct opposing force to security:

the mafia family

you'd have the boss (mirroring the hos position), underboss (mirroring the ntsc role), and 5 capos (mirroring security officers)

there would also be a random amount of associates thrown in the mix (they know theyre associates but they do not know who the capos, underboss, or boss is while the boss, underboss and capos would know who the associates are)

this would be done to prevent scenarios like

tommy two-toes walking up to capo A and going "hey can i have a job to kill somebody please please please"

anyway the name of the game would be for the boss to amass money. associates kick up to the capos, capos kick up to the underboss, and the underboss kicks up money to the boss. so the boss wants money, the underboss acts like a bridge between the boss and capos, incentivizing them to get cash to keep the boss happy. then it falls to the capos to delegate tasks to the associates in order to create a revenue stream, and to further insulate them and the family from attention from station security. maybe it could work in such a way like the spief bounties where a selection of targets comes up like

Jimmy Shits owes us 500 credits, shake him down!

Dexter Jettster refuses to pay protection, go make a mess of the bar to make him pay up!

Clagnon Magufu looked at me funny when we passed each other in the hall, go beat them up!

and perhaps rarely (if a debtor fails to pay up enough times and the boss approves)

Jimmy Shits has affronted the family, and must die!

now, what can the boss do with all of their money? i was thinking either something like being able to buy from a pool of syndicate items (you don't make it to boss without forming those kinds of contacts) for themselves, and also to distribute to the underboss and capos.

overall i think this could make for an interesting team antagonist that does not rely too much on killing or the use of syndicate tools and create interesting and unique interactions between the crew and security
Given how big a mafia would be (when considering all of the associates), I feel like there'd have to be a lot of communication to have the mafia work properly on any given round, at risk of just having the boss and underboss do all the work when their members prove incompetent. At the same time, making the mafias smaller would make this become more similar to gangs, which we don't want for the sake of the mode having a different identity. Seems reasonable to add a mafia exclusive radio channel that security can discover and infiltrate.

Also, for nebulous mafia bounties how do you ensure that they're completed in order to receive a bounty reward? What's the completion criteria for "shaking someone down," "intimidating someone," "ruining a department," "torturing someone," etc? Is the boss the only one that can redeem these bounties/do an action to claim them once they're done, or can any gang member do that? Do they automatically get claimed once the associated event happens?
Basicly this is a direction I wanted to take conspirators in a way.

Give em sub types with one of em being mafia.

This is not a bad game mode for RP but on Classic... I think you are going to get murdered in no time
I think better names would be:
The Godfather or don
Consigliere
Mafioso

(04-07-2023, 03:48 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Basicly this is a direction I wanted to take conspirators in a way.

Give em sub types with one of em being mafia.

I agree with this fully. Each type could get one or two antag items (or a way to obtain them, possibly listening post). Current conspiracy would get voice changers, mafia would get mafia would get tommy guns (would be quite weak) and appropriate attire. Maybe this should get it's own thread.