Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names in deadchat
So currently when you get absorbed by a changeling, you lose your name and become unknown. This would be fine if there wasn't 50 of them already in deadchat (this goes for stable mutagen too.)

My suggestion is that you should (somewhat) keep your old name in deadchat. for instance if you get stable mutagened you would look something like this
DEAD: Ghost (Joey McPubbs, formerly Traitor McGee)
This would be kind of handy as discerning who is who in dead chat.
If you get acided in the face, suicide-succumb and ghost ASAP. If you're feeling daring, leave it until you feel a stabbing pain. You'll get to keep your name until you go back to your corpse (don't go back to your corpse, why would you ever)
That does not change the fact that having something happens to your name fucks up deadchat. Replace changeling with "Have face melted by a rogue, acid-spraying jerk" or "entire crew gets changed into this one dude with a sleepypen and stable mutagen". Some method of figuring out who's who in deadchat, when all of the dead people have the same name, would be nice.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:That does not change the fact that having something happens to your name fucks up deadchat. Replace changeling with "Have face melted by a rogue, acid-spraying jerk" or "entire crew gets changed into this one dude with a sleepypen and stable mutagen". Some method of figuring out who's who in deadchat, when all of the dead people have the same name, would be nice.
Why?
I think deadchat name fuckery is part of the fun, especially when someone goes to the trouble of using a sleepypen to change people into copies of themselves / a hilariously named monkey.
Heck, my favourite chembomb leaves the victims gibbed and Unknown, so I can claim it deleted them from reality itself. It's great. big grin

Feature imo.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:That does not change the fact that having something happens to your name fucks up deadchat. Replace changeling with "Have face melted by a rogue, acid-spraying jerk" or "entire crew gets changed into this one dude with a sleepypen and stable mutagen". Some method of figuring out who's who in deadchat, when all of the dead people have the same name, would be nice.
Why?
I think deadchat name fuckery is part of the fun, especially when someone goes to the trouble of using a sleepypen to change people into copies of themselves / a hilariously named monkey.
Heck, my favourite chembomb leaves the victims gibbed and Unknown, so I can claim it deleted them from reality itself. It's great. big grin

Feature imo.

In that case, just have it be "Big McLargeHuge (as Pub B. Man)" with the first name outside the parentheses being the name of the dude that has a bunch of copies of him.
yeah, again I was going for the thing that they keep the name that they had when they died, but it would also be able to tell who is who in deadchat. that is essentially what I wanted.
hatmadder Wrote:In that case, just have it be "Big McLargeHuge (as Pub B. Man)" with the first name outside the parentheses being the name of the dude that has a bunch of copies of him.

This.