Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaplain Ideas: Puzzle Boxes, enchantments, and more.
Hello, I was just considering ways to sort of improve Chaplain rounds, both on the antagonistic and non-antagonistic side of things. I've had wonderful ideas for how to improve Chaplain gameplay all around being a fan of the zealous chicanery the role gets away with. 

First idea I've got is a traitor item; a Puzzlebox. It comes with an instruction manual and different combinations can achieve different things of beneficial or disastrous consequences to the user. Terrible results could result in gibbing by meat hooks like we see in chef's kitchen or summoning dark entities. More beneficial ones might heal people or resurrect if the selected beneficiary dies. Ultimately something that punishes the player if they aren't careful but bestows great power otherwise. 

On the good side of things, the Chaplain could do stuff like develop potions to bless people's items with cool perks or just absolutely ridiculous ones. 

Just a few examples

- Honkening Enchanment: Makes things honk when they hit something or someone

- Flaming Enchantment: Gives an object an eternal flame and looks really badass

- Swiftness Enchantment: Can give shoes wings to let you go super fast.

These are just a few; I wanted to recommend other stuff more related to making Chaplain a central protective figure instead of Sec when it comes to supernatural threats but that may not work. Though I may add it would be way cooler if Security and everyone else had to rely on the Chaplains fanaticism and holy powers instead of a stun baton for literal SUPERNATURAL ENTITIES. And if readjusting the strengths and weaknesses of departments is not agreeable than maybe incentive increasing the importance and his vulnerability; maybe the enchantments he offers make him a priority kill and offers an invaluable asset. 

I just want to see the funny bible man have more things to do around here  surprised fat and sassy space-bee

-
chap is already pretty strong and valid hunt-ish giving him buffs like the spells would just make antags have a harder time against valid hunter chaps and a lot of antags already have a bad time with chaps so unless it had extremely big downsides to it then sorry but i dont see this working
All I want for Chaplain is a a job reward that changes their clothes to become closer to that of Father Pucci from JoJo's. Yes I do want a JoJo reference smile. don't judge me.
Yea no.. I rather not have chaplains have a tool like that from other codebases.
It just turns them into a glorified "wizard" every round.

Insted I think the chaplain needs MORE reasons to be in their chapels and MORE REASONS to go there.

Right now the chaplain can heal people with hitting them with the bible, but sometimes it gives them headaches.

And that's it... the rest of the time it's just for RP reasons or using the chaplain's holy water.
The chapel does keep Wizard's depowered and Vampires to burn.

So how do we get more players to spend time in the chapel and give the chaplain more to do?
Simple... the chaplain and the chapel need to have more mechanics tied to it.

And if we want to give the chaplain something to do, it needs to be on a super natural level.
So for use against Antags?
Just allow them to have silver bullets for Werewolves/Vamps.
Allow them to "sanctify" an area against wraiths (Does require candles/holy water and such)
Allow an area where spirits can become visible for just the chaplain. (Does require a ritual to do so)