Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we please do something about hop/cap/hos ability to just Dumpster rounds for fun?
So here's a quick question....Why can head of personnel/Captain/Head of Security just give out their boss's/same level of access for fun? 

Why can someone lower on than captain then promote someone to the captain? For how strong All access is and its literally just one button for that much power why can head of personnel/Head of security do this? literally it takes one card and all of the sudden the whole station has all access its rather strange in my opinion the capacity that Captain, Head of personnel, Head of security has to just absolutely dumpster a round because they just went "yea here ya go bro have a funny card hehexd" and the very funny "Ah yes clown got aa and is now printing it" Or on a better example "Cap asked for armory gear Hos said no now cap is printing AA to make securities life hell" (happened on a clarion round) seeing as how AA invalidates almost every single hurdle you could run into and if it gets taken away you can and will have most likely have made a spare stashed away some where, Ranging to somewhat difficult to VERY easy to pick up by either just flashing hop or just asking nicely and just him saying "yea sure bro"

And just because non antag hop/cap/hos should not do that due to rules wont stop people from doing it, so why not just change the way AA works or just make captain the ONLY id on the station be able to hold on to these ids? It would paint a bigger target on captains back BUT would give more of a uniqueness to captain since lets be a little honest captain has very little if not any unique features outside of some funny clothes and a sword/gun and occasionally the nuke disk. If you make All Access a unique thing it would in turn make captain more valuable then just the green staffie with all access (at least on classic) and maybe people might view it a bit differently then its current view. 

IM NOT SAYING MAKE IT SIMILAR TO TG OR ANY OTHER CODE BASE, I'm just simply asking for a change in Head of personnel/Captain/Head of securities ability to just hand out access willy nilly and ruin a bunch of departments rounds with either A, way more head ache then necessary or B, Random people just going into your department and just messing up with anything you were working on that shift (chems artsci, engi setup etc) Its honestly really frustrating dealing with all access being given out for fun since once its out there's NOTHING stopping people from just going ham and making the entire station captain and fuck around with important areas, AI UPLOAD BEING THE MOST IMPORTANT since it just makes AI have to deal with all of the sudden 40 laws which is not fun for either party.
If the HoS is promoting someone to captain it's because they trust the person to not be a shitter, and HoS can only be given to people who themselves have proven that they're not people who would just give game changing power to their friends.

If the HoP is promoting someone you generally tar and feather them before shooting them out into space.
I'm not sure what you're actually suggesting here? I could maybe see removing the ability to grant ID computer access, but that would be a pretty major change.
(04-05-2023, 12:42 PM)LeahTheTech Wrote: I'm not sure what you're actually suggesting here? I could maybe see removing the ability to grant ID computer access, but that would be a pretty major change.

Im mostly just asking for a current change with the ID system just a small one to make All access not just one button that ANYONE can just give for shits and giggles

(04-05-2023, 12:19 PM)Technature Wrote: If the HoS is promoting someone to captain it's because they trust the person to not be a shitter, and HoS can only be given to people who themselves have proven that they're not people who would just give game changing power to their friends.

If the HoP is promoting someone you generally tar and feather them before shooting them out into space.

Hos yea, But i honestly have seen just Hops both known and not know to just hand AA out like its candy on ALOT of occasions so Im just wondering if it would be a good idea to kinda change this with the current system since In my opinion it doesnt make sence that HOP of all people and HOS for that can just promote people to captain seeing as how they have access LOWER than captain by default
I think it's better just to use that as a plot point; it provides players a problem to be solved if its just foolishness by brigging, spacing, or demoting. If it's really a problem and they aren't an antag and are just throwing AA cards for giggles at the nearest known vampire with nothing like the threat of death influencing the decision, than ahelp.

But the HoP having the power to give all access does a lot for more ridiculous scenario's such as obviously antagonistic HoP's or playing Gang Leader and surrounding his office to pressure him into giving access.

It's a thing that happens that gives players something to do. If you don't want criming and abuse of this I think the RP servers would be a more suitable fit. LRP is generally full of shenanigan's no matter how many mechanics change.

I can sympathize with annoyance but I think it's generally more fun for players to allow some problems to stay for the sake of offering more choices.
HoS is given the ability to change IDs because they are trusted to not abuse that. Whole whitelist and everything.
HoP being able to change IDs is the HoPs job, and if the HoP is abusing it by giving everyone all access then the captain should step in to deal with it.
Captain gets All Access because it's the Captain. If the Captain is abusing all access and giving everyone else all access it's the Captains choice. If it's pissing off the whole station for some reason or the antags don't like everyone having all access then thats where the SS13 magic happens.
The magic is a fire extinguisher to the Captains head.
At a point you just have to throw your arms up and say fuck it to everyone having AA tbh, if someone's being shitty with it just ahelp
HoP and Captains doing silly things or having other people do silly things for AA is part of the fun of the game.

I remember one round on RP, I was an antagonist chaplain and was about to grab some stuff in space in the early round for my gimmick, then the HoP saw me and stopped me and went: "Hey chaplain! Come with me for a moment."
And I was like okay?
Then the HoP was like: "We need more religion, here have some AA and be the head of religion"
Me: "Sure! COOL!"

And then the idea went from "Grabbing stuff from space and the diner to... "Welp now I can do anything.. where to start?"
I did get caught in the end when I tampered with the AI.
(04-06-2023, 02:30 PM)Cal Wrote: At a point you just have to throw your arms up and say fuck it to everyone having AA tbh, if someone's being shitty with it just ahelp

yeah it sounds very much in the spirit of classic to do something like that
HoS having id console access is important for firing people and for demotions